The TRUTH about Jehovah's Wittnesses (from MY 22 YRS. EXPERIENCE) - A MUST READ!

by gmason972 28 Replies latest jw friends

• cantleave
    cantleave

Welcome - Enjoyed your observations.

• Bugbear
    Bugbear

Welcome.

I think your observations are quite right. JW´s pretend always to be honest, deasent, trustworthy persons, who love all of mankind. The WTBTS, claims to be the only Christians that are interpreting the Bible correct and they claim to have the thruth. The basic for "shunning" or disf. members is the Bible. you say" It is best to stick the basic principles layed out in the bible and leave religion and watchtower doctrines alone". But is it possible to use the Bible as the basic for your philosofy? Take a look at 2:nd John verses 9-10. These verses are a few of what the society claims to bee the basic for parents to shun their children or for family members to be closed out, just becouse they have have discovered that someting is wrong with what the Soc. says.

Bugbear

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

gmason972:

Bravo.

I had almost the same amount of years there as you. It was certainly a mistake that I was lured into becoming a JW and I learned some hard lessons about the bad side of human nature. I also got an education about cults, fundamentalist religions, organizations and movements, etc. in that I want nothing to do with any of them. I have had enough religion to last me a lifetime. No more.

I had problems there almost from day one with regard to them trying to suppress my personality and their intrusiveness. I was swimming against the tide the whole time I was there. Yes, it's a vacuum-sealed, glass house, except these idiots love to throw stones.

The best thing I ever did was to walk away from it all. All I can say is: Good riddance!

While they may have a few good principles (and so do other religions), you are right that they should be seen from a safe distance - yeah, like a million miles away.

• flipper
    flipper

GMASON- Excellent opening post and thread ! Very well expressed. I agree with everything you state. I was born-i the JW cult and escaped 10 years ago at age 44. Never been happier. Welcome to the board and freedom of mind and expression

• suavojr
    suavojr

Welcome! The truth behind the WT mantra is that you are not happier when you do more for the org. When we wake up to the lies and figure out how happy we can be without the WT, that's when you start enjoying true freedom!

• whathappened
    whathappened

Welcome to JWN. We look forward to hearing more from you.

• Over%forme
    Over%forme

gmason, you certainly have it down pat.

Welcome to this site.

• FirstLastName
    FirstLastName

gmason972: I was the "happiest person on earth" while in the JW's due to an antidepressant.

After getting out, I am happy WITHOUT the antidepressants.

I agree with your statement that when you cannot be yourself, how can you succeed in a relationship? You do not even know who YOU are?!

Welcome to the Board !

• Gayle
    Gayle

Happiness is mainly going to meetings and going in service thus saith the GB. The WT/GB lied to us. Amazing how they could even make us lie to ourselves about "happiness." We were guilted to deny our own happiness. If we were unhappy, we were only to self-condemn ourselves. We were taught then it was our own fault if we were unhappy. Just should study WT more. Otherwise, we were to accept unhappiness because of this world and our battle within ourselves and accept being miserable as Paul was ("miserable man that I am"),

To now think for ourselves and step up to our own accountability to be personally "happy" brings freedom of mind and heart. I think coming to terms of our 'honest' personal happiness (within) is the first step and motivator of our push through the WT walls of deceit.

• Robert7
    Robert7

I agree what you say except about "enjoying it at a safe distance". There is no safe distance. There is no staying on the fence. If you're not all in (or at least appear that way) you will be judged and people will avoid you as bad association. If you question any materials, you will be squashed and either must conform or be judged as apostate. This is an all-in or all-out religion. No middle ground.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit