The TRUTH about Jehovah's Wittnesses (from MY 22 YRS. EXPERIENCE) - A MUST READ!

by gmason972 28 Replies latest jw friends

• gmason972
    gmason972

I have learned to Stay away from ALL RELIGION and Jehovah’s Wittness Doctrine (that includes the watchtower and awake magazines). Stay away from positions of ministerial servant, pioneer, aux pioneer, elder, and the like. Once you become a full fledged Jehovah Wittness You are DOOMED TO BE UNHAPPY.

From the outside looking in...Jehovah’s Wittnesses APPEAR TO BE THE HAPPIEST PEOPLE IN THE WORLD, but the TRUTH IS MANY JEHOVAH’S WITTNESSES SUFFER IN SILENCE! Many Jehovah’s Wittnesses are in a EMOTIONAL PRISON and LIVE IN FEAR! Some Jehovah’s Wittnesses are stuck in SEXLESS MARRIAGES (including myself) but CANNOT GET FREE FROM THEM because of FEAR OF WATCHTOWER DOCTRINE and DISFELLOWSHIPPING!

Nearly everything you do or THINK ABOUT DOING IS SURPRESSED…Instead of fearing God in a healthy way…you end up fearing Elders and MEN IN POSITIONS…Your life becomes ONE BIG GLASSHOUSE…with LITTLE OR NO ROOM to be creative or expressive…That is probably why many witnesses CAN’T GET MARRIED….The way The Watchtower is setup…Marriage is nearly IMPOSSIBLE…because your personality is governed by the opinion of others and it is VERY DIFFICULT to be yourself and see others HOW THEY TRULY ARE....You end up surpressing your personality to FIT IN.

The Jehovah’s Wittness Religion does have a few good morals to live by and I do appreciated some of the principles that are layed out as far as trying to love others and be a moral person BUT IN CONCLUSION... The Jehovah's Wittness Religion is Best enjoyed at a SAFE DISTANCE! You can enjoy some of the association and even go out in field service every now and then (when you feel like it of course) BUT YOU BETTER STAY AWAY FROM THE WATCHTOWER SOCIETY MINDSET…It’s unrealistic and superficial.....(YOU WILL SUFFER IN SILENCE)...It is best to stick the basic principles layed out in the bible and leave religion and watchtower doctrines alone. You will feel more SPIRITUALLY FREE, CLOSER TO GOD and HAPPIER in the long run that you did. CLOSENESS WITH GOD IS ABOUT EMOTIONAL FREEDOM AND INNER PEACE....UNFORTUNETELY YOU LOSE ALL THAT ONCE YOU BECOME A FULL-FLEDGED JEHOVAH'S WITTNESS!

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Welcome to JWN. And thank you for a good initial post. It's nice to know something about a poster when they join and it's clear where (some) of your thoughts are.

You wrote: Once you become a full fledged Jehovah Wittness You are DOOMED TO BE UNHAPPY.

I believe this is very true. I was working (supporting myself) and pioneering back in the mid-80's. And I was getting very stressed out. My employer mad a comment to me one afternoon... He said, 'you know, something is very wrong here. Most people, when they get more involved with their church, they are happier. That's not happening with you.'

And he was right.

Anyway... Thanks again for your post. I think you will find that MANY here agree with your comments and assessment.

-Aude Sapere (meaning: Dare to Know; Dare to Have Wisdom/Understanding; Dare to Think for Yourself)

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Oh... I see you actually joined this site back in March. Well... It's nice that you finally spoke up~!!

-Aude.

• ohnightdivine
    ohnightdivine

I agree with everything you wrote.

I felt that I had a better relationship with Him while I was still studying. I was an optimist. But, after I got baptized, my faith in God has been blurred by a lot of Watchtower doctrine. I became a pessimist and judgmental of other people. You have to be in the organization to know how it feels. And yes, I thought I was the only one feeling the emptiness and suffering in silence. I was wrong!

Thanks for your initial post and welcome to JWN.

• steve2
    steve2

What a lovely, energetic OP. Nice to hear from you. You are really clear in your expressions.

• Fernando
    Fernando

Welcome gmason972.

Thank you for your first post and taking the time to share your thoughts.

Unfortunately many get sucked in too deep before ever getting to understand the dangers you have outlined.

Hopefully you can meet and make some great friends on JWN, whatever your flavour and pursuasion.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Amen to the opening post. It is all so true. They empty you and fill you with themselves. It's a bare existence, stripped of creativity, family, fun, and meaning.

• zeb
    zeb

gmason972; Yes its a case of OSFA. One Size Fits All. and if you dont fit you are viewed at the least with suspicion.

• Jaidubdub
    Jaidubdub

Welcome. Great post.

• Lozza Aussie
    Lozza Aussie

Yes I too agree with everything that you wrote about when you become a fully fledged Jehovahs Witness. I regret getting involved with this cult. What ever joy or happiness you may have felt initially is sucked right out of you. From the day of my baptism things went downhill at a fast pace. In fact the day of my baptism I didn't feel right inside, something was telling me not to do it. I guess you call it a gut feeling that turned out to be so right. Just months after being baptised I really felt something was horribly wrong, then I began to investigate these feelings on the internet and sure enough my suspicions were confirmed. I don't go to meetings anymore, I can't handle them. How someone could put up with this garbage for a lifetime is truly beyond my comprehension, 8 long years was enough for me from the first contact to my ending meeting attendance in Oct. The last meeting I attended was the AGM, at least I left with a new bible, which I haven't yet read except for bits and pieces here and there. I recently spoke to someone who left the cult 5 years ago and she spoke of all her doubts, she was in for over 20 years. Anyway she told me that she is out and never going back there again, she's done with them like a lot of folks.

Lozza

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit