Look, Up in the Air...It's a Bird, it's a Plane...No, It's a JW!!

by Cold Steel 64 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Cold Steel:

I'm hoping that most people here can tell the Mormons from the Morons.

That's a lot to ask in relation to a religion that believes in an 'angel' named Moroni. (The name of the fictional Mormon character is taken from stories about Captain William Kidd, a Scottish pirate, in reference to the capital city of Comoros.)

• cofty
    cofty

Cold Steel - you really have no idea how much everybody here has utter contempt for Mormonism do you?

You are peddling a cult that is even more dumb than the one we used to belong to.

If we want to know about your stupid cult we have Qcmbr who knows it all from years of being a member.

• cantleave
  • LucidChimp
    LucidChimp

People in glass churches shouldn't fire trebuchets.

Jus' sayin'.

• tornapart
    tornapart

I just read a book about an ex witch/satanist, who became a Mormon for a while. He wanted out of the satanist cult and felt the Mormons had some very similar things in their religion. he was in it for about 6 years and even got to wear the (what he called) 'Magic Underwear'. Like it gave him some kind of superpowers that he'd lost after leaving the satanists.

Sorry Cold Steel. Not meaning to be offensive at all. I think most JWs believe that the only difference between what they are now as humans and what they'll be in paradise is simply that they will never grow old and die. That's it really. No special superpowers. Also they believe that the ones that go to heaven will stay there and I guess they believe things will be cotrolled from heaven in an invisible way (much as they believe it happens now I think). I did have one sister who was 'of the anointed class' tell me she thought they would come down to earth and mix with us like angels. That was the first and only time I'd heard of this idea.

• steve2
    steve2

Cold Steel would do better to "innocently" infiltrate ex-Mormon websites and try to "sweet-talk" ex-Mormons back into Joe Smith's fantastical fold. He may find, however, they are more derisive of his feebly "indirect" proslyetizing than we are! Still, to call oneself Cold Steel is to suggest - at least for publicity purposes - that one is neither thin-skinned nor interpersonally sensitive.

• bohm
    bohm

Cold steel: I'm hoping that most people here can tell the Mormons from the Morons.

with you, it is like a very hard game of "find five differences in the picture"

• chrisuk
    chrisuk

Cold Steel - Really?? A mormon criticizing JW's beliefs and practices. Pot calling the kettle black springs to mind, infact I'd go so far to say that mormon beliefs are even more wacky than JW's. If was in your shoes I'd find an ex mormon forum and learn about the darkside of the cult to which you belong. You're certainly in no postion to help anybody on this forum, blind leading the blind also springs to mind.

• Etude
    Etude

Cold Steel

"I think galaxy or universe would be more accurate."

Man you gusy the screw around. You really think BIG! How about your own universe out of the multi-verse? Now we're talkin'!

• Etude
    Etude

I'm dyslexic today. I meant: "Man you guys don't screw around"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit