Anyone else fake it?

by braincleaned 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

When I got baptized in 1972 (13 years old) — it was under the "Lamp" book.

When asked the 2 questions standing up, I did not say "Yes!" I got immersed, but never dedicated my life to Jehovah.
    (not in prayer, not vocally — hated the way I was imposed on — I was a KID for christ's sake!)

(this was before the 2nd question was one of allegeance to the Borg).

Did anyone else fake it?

*Later on, I did go on to pioneer etc... mind control got to me.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Fake it???

I can recall as a little tyke, memorizing the 2 answers, so that when I grew up, I wouldn't screw up and say the wrong answer. lol

I should have memorized the questions, and pondered those. I am not a slave type. Not for Christ and certainly NOT for the Brooklyn Crazy's 8, boogering body.

LoisLane

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I'm faking it now. Or, at least trying to.

A meeting here. A meeting there.

Can't fake it enough to show up for Sat Morn FS, so no time report.

It's a chore, but there are family and friends who are important to me.

Doc

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

I hear you... my family and my love from and for them made me stay for decades...

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

i got baptized with my girlfriend at the time, i can tell you that i wasn't thinking one bit about big J.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I wasn't faking it. I did not have all the answers, but I thought I was being told the truth, so I got baptized at 16. I figured, " God knows more than me, and I want to live a good life. I am willing to follow a Christian way of life." Little did I know that the WTBTS leaders had been lying for decades.

DD

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I don`t think thats faking it..

When your asked a WBT$ Question,you never go off the WBT$ Approved Script..

The WBT$ got what they wanted..A WBT$ pre-Approved Answer..

.............................................................. photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

LOL Outlaw... yep! :D

• rebel8
    rebel8

During the prep with the elder beforehand, I expressed my doubts and said I did not feel ready to dedicate myself to jehoopla. He said that's fine, everyone has doubts, just do it. So did my mother. I was, I think, maybe 15, and I did what I was told.

At the baptismal talk, I said, "NO!" to the questions you're supposed to affirm aloud. I got a dirty look from an attendant, but unfortunately that was yet another adult who did not do the right thing and prevent me from getting dunked.

@ that time and place, girls had no self-determination. They could not make any decisions for themselves. They went from parental iron rule to the rule of their husbands directly. Living on one's own in between was forbidden for me too. Had to do what I was told or face corporal punishment.

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

Love that you said 'NO'! Good for you — I applaud! ;)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit