John Cedar Confronts his Jehovah's Witnesses Elder Father on the UN/NGO scandal

by Scott77 27 Replies latest social humour

• Scott77
    Scott77

My father (who is an elder) hasn’t been abusive, but he has reaffirmed that he will be shunning us the moment things become official. We spent a few days vacation together in picturesque Northern Croatia before I sat him down and attempted to explain my position. After I revealed the information on the UN/NGO scandal to Dad by showing him newspaper articles from 2001, he was initially nauseous and didn’t want to hear any more. A day later he told me he refuses to hear my side of the argument, and will be shunning me once things are official. In his mind there is no contradiction that he will be spending his time trying to persuade people of other faiths to challenge their convictions, while refusing to hold his own beliefs to even the slightest scrutiny.

http://jwsurvey.org/cedars-blog/the-story-of-cedars-a-prisoner-no-more

Iam very much shocked. You have someone who is an elder, supposely a smart one in bible sense not wanting to scritinize his own religion but is quick to examine others with prejudice, what a great contradiction and hypocrisy!

Scott77

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Cognitive dissonance happens.

• zeb
    zeb

It will be his loss not yours.

• steve2
    steve2

Sad but unsurprising.

• SanLuisObispoTruthSeeker
    SanLuisObispoTruthSeeker

False assumption Scott77:

"Iam very much shocked. You have someone who is an elder, supposely a smart one in bible sense not wanting to scritinize his own religion but is quick to examine others with prejudice, what a great contradiction and hypocrisy!"

How many elders did you know who really used their brains, which edlers thought things through without calling the circuit overseer for clarification on the most simple topics? They are programmed for dependancy and elders who take the lead and attempt to get things done without following every tiny rule get removed! The elder in Pismo Beach, Ca was working his butt off trying to clean up all the situations the lazy elders had allowed to drag on for months, he began to get the job done by quick Bible based actions. Spy-Elder called the Organization and got him removed from the Body, even though Spy-Elder was so lazy and unhuman, he was angry things were not moving along as slow as possible. Elders are not all smart, ask around and you might discover the "smart and logical thinking elder" is the anomaly, not the norm.

How come Cedars has stopped posting here are you him?

• cantleave
    cantleave

Sadly this is the modus operandi for all JW's and other fundamentalist religions.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Shunning him once it's official!

What a cult. Today, I am concerned about you, son. Today, we eat a meal together or have a beverage together. Tomorrow, once Watchtower rules are in place, I shun you.

• cofty
    cofty

Before left I convinced the presiding overseer that the borg were wrong about blood and that the great crowd in Rev 7 were in heaven.

He decided to resign as an elder and then a few days later changed his mind. He pledged he would never teach on those topics. That was 18 years ago. He is still the PO.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

There is a story ( told by Primo Levi ??) of jews in a Concentration Camp who gather together and debate if there really can possibly be a God.

At the end of the debate they decide unanimously that it is impossible that a God of love exists.

Then the Rabbi amongst them says, "It is now time, let us all go and say our prayers".

JW's, though in the case of most of them, incapable of the kind of philosophical debate those jews had, are very like them.

Their culture is so ingrained that Truth cannot penetrate it.

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

This common stuation exists for two main reasons:

1) — The amount of invensted time, energy, and emotion one has put in the Borg.
    Humans have a natural tendancy to not waste a lifelong invenstment in what they have believed to be true, even if it turned out they invensted in nothing.

2) — Peer pressure. Lifelong freindships are key to what we feel we are "expected" to be.
    Conformity to the group will prevail, even if a mask is needed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit