Norwegians: Stick With What You Are Good At.

by Englishman 48 Replies latest jw friends

• Farkel
    Farkel

: I’m totally bewildered that Norm, Kent and Jan appear to have distanced themselves from this site, particularly in view of the many excellent articles that have been written by this trio.

I know them all, and the only one I have not had any phone conversations with is Jan. This is odd, because Jan and I are both Visual Basic programmers. Jan and I will speak to each other, though. It's inevitable. Besides that, I happen to actually like that young man. He has taught me much about logic. I owe him much gratitude for that.

Why don't those three guys play here anymore? Well, shoot, I could actually ASK them why! But, I'll venture a guess: they don't play here anymore because they want to play where their message actually makes a damn difference. They've decided this is not their playground anymore.

I like Norwegians. I would like to be one, but I cannot spend $100,000.00 for the clothing to live in their country.

Farkel

• Imbue
    Imbue

Larc says:

The only nations, tribes and peoples that have not acted as terrorists are now extinct. That's just the way it is.

True, larc but I'm only talking about now...LOL And I'm saying that the US is so powerful that it effects everone not just the peoples that live within it's borders. So foreigners should be able to criticize the US government.

Crazy is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

• Prisca
    Prisca
    But, I'll venture a guess: they don't play here anymore because they want to play where their message actually makes a damn difference.

Guess again Farkel. You really don't think that's the real reason why they packed up their toys and now play on Kent's playground, do you?

I kept an eye on that board over the weekend. A total of about 10 posts on 3 or 4 threads made by the usual few - wendy, kent, julie, tina and mommiedark. Discussing songs from Vietnam and how glad they are to be on Kent's new board. Yawn...... [8>]

Yeah, they're really reaching a new audience and making a difference alright!

• teejay
    teejay

>> I’m totally bewildered that Norm, Kent and Jan appear to have distanced themselves from this site

E-man

It’s funny.

Sometimes when I first wake up in the morning, I’m bewildered. For a spit second I wonder where I am. A second and a half later, I shut off the alarm clock as it screeches me to reality.

My bewilderment ends.

• julien
    julien

ew visual basic.. that's torture

• refiners fire
    refiners fire
    Since, they are being careful right now over there, they haven't been talking about over here

HAHAhahaha.
    Youre kiddin' right?
    see, I can speak now, cause you brought this up. Thanks.
    "Secret plans", 'secret emails to the trusted ones", references to "the pea brains" over here.
    Reminders to watch what they say on the boards,until the master plan to take over the ex dub computer world is completed.
    Matey. They talk about nothin else but JW com.

• Mommie Dark
    Mommie Dark

Prisca is SO insightful! Notice how she cuts right to the heart of the matter:

"Yeah, they're really reaching a new audience and making a difference alright!"

Everyone should strive to be as effective and reach out to make a difference as strongly and vigorously as our Priscilla, queen of the discussion forums! Of course, with so many articles and essays to her credit, with her long and sterling history of actively reaching out to provide accurate information to hurting ex-cultist, she is the THE best arbiter of who is making a difference and who isn't! And her flippant dismissal of those who have chosen a different forum in which to operate is of course based solely on intellectual criteria, and her critique of the content of said forum has no smell of sour grapes about it at all... that vinegar scent isn't coming from her snide words... that's how she always smells! Mere coincidence, friends...

Long live Prisca, who obviously learned all she knows at the Leona Helmsley school of charm. Once more, she proves herself superior by her gracious charming speech. Nice work, Prissypants! We can always count on you to be the same, yesterday, today, tomorrow... for the rest of your sour spinster existence...

• Englishman
    Englishman

Oh shit. Here we go, stand by for blasting!

Englishman.

• refiners fire
    refiners fire
    those who have chosen a different forum in which to operate

If only theyd stay there.

MommyD.
    The secret "inner circle" of JW com have sent a flurry of emails back and forth regarding tactics...
    It has been decided that Prisca will not respond to you.

(Down Prisca!! DOWN I SAY!!)

• Atreyu
    Atreyu

Farkel:

I like Norwegians. I would like to be one, but I cannot spend $100,000.00 for the clothing to live in their country.

???? A 100 grand for clothing? Clothing in Norway is cheaper than ever, since most of it is manufactured in Sri Lanka and other Asian countries.

Grunt is provoked by participants bashing Americans, and he wanted to hear my story. Here are a few selected highlights:

Some 20 years ago I spent a month on vacation in the US. It was really amazing. Partly, I was disappointed not to find the America of my imagination (made up by films, books and comics), but mostly, I loved to explore the country. Above all, Grand Canyon and the Indians in the reservates impressed me. I also enjoyed spotting details which were exactly as in the Donald Duck comics, like fire hydrants and mailboxes.

Just after the fall of the Berlin Wall, I travelled in Eastern Europe. I met an American student from Texas, a jew, and travelled with him from Berlin to Prague and Vienna. I appreciated his friendliness very much and followed him to certain Jewish memorial sites in Prague. I still remember how upset he was when I wanted to take a photo inside a Jewish restaurant where we shared the lunch (orthodox jews doesn't want to be photographed). We split in Vienna because he had enough of Eastern Europe, and I set off to Hungary and Croatia. Back in Austria, I met an American girl, also a jew, and spent a few days with her.

I visited Prague again in 2000 and visited the same jewish sites as I did 10 years before. I even attented the Shabbat ceremony in the 500 year old synagogue in Prague. It was a most amazing experience to spend nearly 3 hours with orthodox looking jews. I still remember the Rabbi's singing and massing as among the most beautiful I've ever heard.

So, I have some fascination for jews and Judaism. But, anyway, I believe the palestinian people should have their own country. It is not the palestinian people of today's fault what their fathers did wrong in 1948 or 1967. Israel did in fact occupy a part of Jordan in 1967, The West Bank, and this area was given from Jordan to the palestinians a few years back. Israel have no legal rights here.

I detest any terrorist, wheter Israeli or Palestine, i detest any who commits violent acts towards innocent civilians, I detest the powerful men who manipulate facts and feed us with propaganda. I support the innocent civilians who wants peace. Israel should withdraw fully, including the settlements, according to the UN charters, to the borders from before 1967.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit