What was your "Aha!" moment?

by Hortenzie 52 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Hortenzie
    Hortenzie

Phizzy, thanks for your comment. I know this is not an original question but there are many new ones whose Aha! moments were not heard. (Plus, I really wanted to get my comment of my chest because it really bugs me...)

• Theredeemer
    Theredeemer

My aha moment was when I had a talk about the trinity. Since much of the info came from the trinity brochure I studied it intensively. That brochure quotes alot of "scholars" about the paganism of the trinity belief. For some reason I decided to look up some of these quotes directly from the source. Thats when I realized how the Society uses the deceptive quoting technique. Almost all the quotes were distorted or twisted into the society's favor. I was floored! I then looked up some quotes from a recent Watchtower and found the same thing. I then googled "watchtower deceptive quoting" and whala! My path towards freedom began.

• James Brown
    James Brown

My aha moment was 12:01 January 1976.

• Pyramid God
    Pyramid God

There are too many to count for me. 607. Also learning about all the false predictions for armageddon made me realize it was nothing more than another religion, holy spirit not included.

• cofty
    cofty

The '95 Watchtower on the generation. Comparing it with the masthead of the Awake of the same issue confirmed what they had done.

The final straw was spotting their lie in the Watchtower study article about naos-heiron

• SloppyJoe
    SloppyJoe

I was barely a teenager but the change of the generation in 1995 made me for the first time realize they have no clue about how close the end was. All that did was open the door to research everything. Na true aha moment was later on about ten years ago when I almost landed myself in a JC for casual comments that made people think. I realized then that it was nothing more than a shell.

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

The governing body puts one pant leg on at a time??? Holy Crap!!!

• FirstLastName
    FirstLastName

I had faded because I was so unhappy years prior. But my "AH!" momment for me was when my fiance (now husband), gave me the most confused look when I told him that JW's believe in the Flood and Noah's Ark. He started to ask me question after question about their beliefs. I had never questioned anything the JW's told me. And when he started to ask questions, then it dawned on me how backwards the entire religion sounded. The questioning process never started for me before than.

He still thinks its so funny that my parents believe in the Ark. And NOW I agree.

• tornapart
    tornapart

The 'overlapping generation' at the DC 2010 was just another doubt added to my collection of doubts over the years but for me the 'Aha!' moment was as I was reading CoC... once I had finished it (after 3 days) that was it.. I had seen the light!

• pronomono
    pronomono

Hortenzie, I say I never believed, but I guess I meant this more as an adult. I was raised as a JW, so as a young child I accepted my mother's teaching as absolute fact. How could my mom and everyone else I knew be wrong? As I grew into an adult and began to use my powers of reason, I stopped believing but reasoned that all religions have mis-truth in them. Why leave this one for another? So although I didn't believe anymore (around the age of 18/19, I'm now 29), I continued on as a JW, making the sacrifices that they make. Now that I realize my original reasoning was only the tip of the iceberg, it's becoming too much of a burden to continue on as a JW.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit