Should I move officially to this new cong?

by will-be-apostate 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

This thread is relevant to my interests as well. Now, wouldn't getting his card transferred give the elders in the new cong. the authorization to try to shepherd him? Even if they don't have a working number, they could stop by his house if they know his address.

More importantly, doesn't getting the card transferred mean that his parents now have an official congregation that they can target if they want to know if he's attending meetings? Depending on his parents' personalities, it might not be unusual for them to call up the cong., tell the COBE their son's address or phone number, or otherwise interfere from a distance in order to keep tabs on him.

• ruderedhead
    ruderedhead

It won't hurt anything if you tranfer to please your parents, as others have said. If you need their financial support, and they are not freaked out about your going to college, what's the harm? Show up a few Sundays, do field service1 - 2x/month to keep everyone happy and off your back. You know the door to door isn't fruitful, so just enjoy the coffee. and then claim a few more hours so everything looks normal for now. You can do a diapppearing act as soon as you're done with school. For now, you have to play the game in order to achieve your objective. THERE IS LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Lots of great comments. I like the last one when RuderedHead says 'Play the GAME to get your objective'.

1. Your objective is to _____ and _____.

2. This will be achieved by ________ and _______.

Watch Tower's aim is to con innocent humans to further their cause of empire building and amassing great wealth. lol

WT achieves this by lies, threats and with the unprovable employee benefit package (lol) of the 'prospect' of everlasting life on a paradise earth.

Jesus had a career first, then he became a minister at the age of 30 and only preached for 3 1/2 years. lol

You have told us you need to keep things calm and quiet on the home front. Do-able .

There are some great suggestions above.

Service time. My ex was an Elder for 40 years. He pulled hours, placements, RV's and yes, Bible studies out of the thin air. (I am lol as I write this because it was funny - weird - odd, watching him do this every month, whether he called it in, or he himself was the Secretary lol ). PLUS when he was in service , he and everyone else, had the longest coffee breaks. lol

So... Do what many others do. Pull those suckers out of the air! lol

Oh. My 2cents worth about telling people you are in school. Don't tell. Nobody's business. How would it work if you said you started a new job, and you don't know how things will go, so you would rather not talk about it and change the subject. Your JOB right now is to attend school and get the best grades you possibly can. Right?

All the best.

LoisLane

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Come on dude, this is a great opportunity to just fade and live a normal life for a change. Get out there and enjoy life a bit, have a young person's experience, get to know some worldlings, go to some party's, get laid. Just tell your prying JW family and friends that you're having a 12 month break as a social experiment.

• KateWild
    KateWild

wba,

You are doing really well for your age. I am assuming you are in the UK as you said 150 miles? The fact you haven't posted much because of exams is understandable.

The fact that you overcame the "spiritual help" to get to college is great and still manage to get financial support from your parents. Well done.

There is plenty of advice here. My advice to you would be, make sure you are in control of when and how you leave. If you must make sacrifices make sure you are in a positon to cope with losses. Be prepared, and try and get an exit plan.

Moving your cards or not, must be a decision you make yourself. Don't let family members and elders control you. You need to firgure out the best solution after reading everyones advice carefully, then take control.

wba, you will be ok. We are all here for you

Kate xx

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

Enjoy college, put all your attention into your education and your future having some fun along the some way.

Do what you have to do but be true to yourself.

• will-be-apostate
    will-be-apostate

Thank you everybody for the advice and for providing help :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit