Bible study last night Keep yourselves in gods love Ch 15

by DS211 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• DS211
    DS211

Last night my wife and i studied with Elder and started Chapter 15 of the "in gods love book".

See Good for Your Hard Work

"FOR many people in today’s world, work is anything but a pleasure. Laboring long hours at a job that they do not particularly enjoy, they dread going to work each day. How can those with such a mind-set be motivated to take a personal interest in their work—let alone find satisfaction in their job?

Many people i know love their jobs. But isnt wanting to do the job you love the reason why people go to university and higher education? H.

3 In this chapter, we will consider four questions: How can we see good for our hard work? What types of work are not for true Christians? How can we balance secu- lar work with spiritual activities? And what is the most important work that we can do?

then the next section goes into The Supreme Worker and the Master worker (Jehovah and Jesus) and how hard they worked before the Earth was made and how Jesus was there BEFORE the Universe was made. Elder brought out how amazing their work is and how incredible it must be.

Now MOST important part of the study was in paragraph 5

Father has kept working until now.” (John 5:17) What has the Father been doing? From his heavenly realm, he certainly has kept active in guiding and caring for humankind. He has brought forth “a new creation,” spirit-begotten Christians who will eventually rule with Jesus in heaven. (2 Corinthians 5:17) He has been working toward the fulfillment of his purpose for humans—that those who love him gain everlasting life in a new world. (Romans 6:23) Jehovah must be very pleased with the results of this work. Millions have re- sponded to the Kingdom message, being drawn by God and adjusting their life to remain in his love.—John 6:4

When my wife and i were studying for the study (eh?) she read 2 cor 5:17. And she asked "how are we a new creation?"

Me: well the society teaches us that we are only benefitting by extension of the Kingdom and the anointed. So they are saying we can change our lives but we arent anointed into the New Covenant. However other Christian denominations (we tend not to use the word "christndom") refer to this as being born again into a soiritual person through our baptism into Jesus.

*flicker of amusement*

wife: rught so we benefit by extension because they preach to us how to stay close to Jehovah.

Me: you know but there at 2 cor 5:17 it says ANYONE in union with Christ.

wife: well thats not in the paragraph and not part of the question. (in a very polite voice)

Good so far?

JESUS AS A Carpenter

on earth, Jesus continued to be a hard worker. Early in life, he learned the building trade, becoming known as “the carpenter.” 􏰀 (Mark 6:3) This trade involves strenu- ous work and a variety of skills—especially so in the era before sawmills, supply stores, and power tools. Can you imagine Jesus going out to get his own lumber—perhaps even felling trees and hauling the wood to wherever he was working? Can you picture him constructing hous- es—preparing and installing the roof beams, making the doors, and even building some of the furniture? Jesus undoubtedly knew firsthand the satisfaction that comes from hard work skillfully done.

Elder: so no doubt Jesus worked day and night in the ministry and his secular work! He exhausted himself. TOday Jehovahs organization exhauste itself in its ministry. (Then he went into the billion hours spent in the preaching work and how important it was--Most Important of anything else we do) then he said (after i said we cant be sure exactly WHAT Jesus built) jesus was referred to "the carpenter" which probably meant he did the bulk of the carlentry in his area.

hink about the satisfaction he must have felt when at the end of his earthly ministry he could truthfully report to his Father: “I have glorified you on the earth, having finished the work you have giv- en me to do.”—John 17:4.

9 Surely Jehovah and Jesus are the foremost examples of ones who see good for their hard work. Our love for Jehovah moves us to “become imitators of God.” (Ephe- sians 5:1) Our love for Jesus impels us to “follow his steps closely.” (1 Peter 2:21) So let us now examine how we too can see good for our hard work.

HOW TO SEE GOOD FOR OUR HARD WORK

10 SecularworkhasaplaceinthelifeoftrueChristians. We want to find satisfaction and a measure of content- ment in our work, but this can be a real challenge if we find ourselves working at a secular job that is not to our liking. How is it possible to see good for our work under such circumstances?

11 By cultivating a positive attitude. We cannot always change our circumstances, but we can change our atti- tude. Meditating on God’s viewpoint can help us to cul- tivate a positive attitude toward work. For example, if you are a family head, reflect on the fact that your job, no matter how menial it may seem to be, enables you to provide material necessities for your family. Thus caring for your loved ones is no small matter in God’s eyes. His Word says that one who fails to provide for his family “is worse than a person who has disowned Jehovah.” (1 Tim- othy 5:8; footnote) Recognizing that your job is a means to an end—making it possible for you to carry out a God-

me: This is an area i dont have much trouble in. I love my job and i alway keep God and Christ in my mind as i work, to show patience and kindness to all patients. But there are so many good people at my job that i care about.

elder: brother, i appreciate that. You know i wokr 40 hours a week and have congregational work to do and i work with some real dirty people. But because i have Jehovah i provide a witness by not celebrwting holidays. My corporate such and such knows this and she always tells me how much she likes talking to me and the other brother. But jehovah helps me get through every day.

--this stuffs crazy.

13 By recognizing that our conduct can glorify God. When we maintain a high standard of Christian conduct at our place of work, others are bound to notice this. With what result? We may thus “adorn the teaching of our Savior, God.” (Titus 2:9, 10) Yes, our fine conduct can cause others to see the beauty of our way of worship, making it more attractive to them. Just think of how you would feel if a coworker responded to the truth because of your good example in the workplace! Most important, consider this: What could be more rewarding than know- ing that your fine conduct glorifies Jehovah and makes his heart rejoice?—Proverbs 27:11; 1 Peter 2:12.

by this time i had switched off...my wife was upbuil by the spiritual food and Elder talked a out pioneering and Wife agreed it was the best job to have.

and i thought "oh Go...a weeks worth of work ruined...shes upbuilt.

• blablabluh
    blablabluh

Hi Sorry to use your post for this question but can anyone tell me how to start a post?

• DS211
    DS211

If you look at the top of this page you will see "new topic" you can click that and start a new one.

• cantleave
    cantleave

click "New Topic" on top of the page

• blablabluh
    blablabluh

Thanks, I signed up to this months ago and haven't been able to figure how to even post on a current topic, haha! I finally figured that out today and then how to start a new topic straight after.

I'm not as think as I obviously sound, just didn't scroll down far enough.

Cheers

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

How many of the JW's love doing the kingdom preaching work? That is, of course, the ONLY work that matters today, right?

You need to keep a job that provides just enough for you, so you can WORK lots of hours for the organization, and report them for credit.

Does your wife truly enjoy the preaching work? Even if she does, I have a very hard time understanding the reporting requirement. It is not biblical, but actually goes AGAINST what Christ commanded.

• DS211
    DS211

Faithful--what scripture is that? Id love to use it

• pronomono
    pronomono

I would rather be on my secular job than preaching any day. I'm closer to my worldly boss than any of the brothers at my congregation. It's sad really. The people who are supposed to love me the most don't even seem to care. How's that for brotherly love?

• Laika
    Laika

I have not read this book. What is it? 192 pages on all the things you have to do to make God like you?

Sounds horrendous.

• stillin
    stillin

Which begs the question, how could so many books finish what needed to be said at exactly 192 pages? Coincidence or Divine Intervention?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit