MAJOR DOCTRINE CHANGE IN 1/15/2014 WT ON GENERATION TEACHING

by EndofMysteries 55 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Splash
    Splash

The rule is that anyone baptised and anointed at the point of time of 1914 (or is it 1919?) constitute the 1st generation.

So taking your example, someone born in 1839 could be baptised and anointed by 1859. If they lived until they were 80 (1919) then they are the 1st generation.

Another example. Fred Franz was baptised and anointed by 1914 but lived until 1977 or something. This means he was also part of the 1st generation because he was anointed at the key point in time - 1914.

Both these examples show that the 1st generation stretches from the 1830's to the 1970's.... ish. 140 years for one generation.

BUT... "This Generation" is actually TWO "generations" which overlap, so...

If someone was baptised and anointed by the 1970's, and overlapped Fred Franz, maybe being 20 years old at time (i.e. born in the mid 1950's), this person is ALSO part of "This Generation" because he is in the 2nd generation group - the overlapping group.

If this person lives until they are 80 years old (let's say until 2030), then "This Generation" that Jesus said will never pass away actually stretches from the 1830's to the 2030's - 200 years!

WT have obviously got this prophecy solved. After all, 7 millions JW's all say it makes sense.

Splash

• Greener
    Greener

OK Splash thanks, they're really stretching things out.

I understand what you're saying. I made the mistake of trying to apply logic to this new light... For me then, whether you were 80 yrs old or 20 yrs old in 1914 or whenever, that's in reality 3 generations of people. I had an 80 yr old grandfather when I was 20 yrs old.

I can see why the majority of Jdubs today can't explain this or understand it, let alone provide any scriptural backing for this.

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

I don't care what the GB has to say about any of that any more period. 

You can say it this way, or that way. When it comes to what Jesus said about "This generation", they got it wrong, and they know it. And WE know it. 

• Tenacious
    Tenacious
    And what this means to a dub is just one thing...the Big A is right here...on the brink...they should be getting super excited about this article...
    I'm gonna get excited......when I start seeing the WTS cash payouts on all their pending pedophilia lawsuits. Hopefully their bullcrap will become unsustainable.
  • bafh
    bafh

Again, "no one knows the day nor the hour"! What a waste of time, energy and brain power.  How about focusing on kicking out the pediphiles and being good, kind and loving people? 

SIGH  

bafh

• TerryWalstrom
    TerryWalstrom

Let's get the BIG PICTURE clear before sweeping up the shakedown of little details.

EVERYTHING has changed.

Jehovah's Witnesses (the GB) have reinvented their doctrines!

We can congratulate EX-JW community of 'apostates' for successfully gutting that fish.

It was imperative they start from scratch. They swallowed hard and pulled the trigger.

The murderer has returned to the scene of the crime and the fingerprints, smoking gun, and blood spatters have been eliminated.

Bottom line:  the GB has, in effect, stated: "That was THEN, but this is NOW. Deal with it."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=red3CNxHYgA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit