MAJOR DOCTRINE CHANGE IN 1/15/2014 WT ON GENERATION TEACHING

by EndofMysteries 55 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

The generation scripture no longer is speaking about 'the end'. I'll quote it.....

SIDE NOTE: TONS OF LIES IN THIS ARTICLE, I'll point out at the end of the post.

"Yet, Jesus words at Matthew 24:34 give us confidence that at least some of "this generation will by no means pass away" before seeing the START of the great tribulation."

Until I believe the July WT of this year, the great tribulation 'began' back around 1914 and was somewhat on pause. They said it hasn't begun yet now and is a future event. So now they are teaching that the OVERLAPPING generations, those who are annointed recently, they won't pass away until seeing the start of the great tribulation. Since the GT can last a year, or 100 years, etc, it's obvious at some point before another adjustment, some war or natural disaster they will claim is the start of it to keep dragging it on.

It's the 1/15/2014 WT page 31 par 15 and 16. It's a lot to type out, but you can find it at the jworg site or if somebody wants to try to copy and paste it.

As for the lies.......one of the biggest was paragraph 14 on page 30 when blaming the rank and file for bad expectations during 1914, "When some of their expectations about what would happen in 1914 did not come about, what did they do? Most of them proved tehir integrity under trials and persecution and kept right on serving Jehovah. Over the years, most- if not all- of those annointed ones have faithfully completed their earthly course.

It's a lie in the WT's eyes because they equate serving God with remaining in the Org and obeying them till death. They said MOST if NOT ALL. It's a fact that by 1927 to 1931 over 75% after Rutherfords takeover then his failed 1925 false prophecy woke up and left. Yet they make it seem those from 1914 in the org onward all stayed till death.

Another lie is page 28 par 6, "Anointed Christians had keenly been anticipating 1914 as the end of the Gentile Times, or "appointed times of the nations" They were not completely sure about what would happen."

Again the WT blaming it on the rank and file. And lying on them not being sure what would happen. They were expecting the end.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Super simplified version if you don't want to look anything up,

The "this generation will not pass away until armagedon comes" is now 'this overlapping generation will not pass away until the beginning of the great tribulation". So all those alive today have the start of the great tribulation to look forward too lol.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

So the great tribulation could go on for an indeterminate amount of time, but the anointed overlappers only have to be alive to see the 'beginning' of it. I can see how that would work. The last ones will be shuffling off the mortal coil, then Bam! GB 3.0 can say the great trib has begun.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

Let us be clear on this as the Jan 15th study edition is a huge change yet again to this overlapping generation idea...

It is NOT an overlapping generation in terms of birth and death...it is NOT for instance that someone who was alive in 1914 and understood what was occurring overlaps in their life with someone now who is anointed and sees the end...

No no...it is someone who WAS ANOINTED AT 1914 (so had to be at least 18 years old right?) who then overlaps with some today who WAS ANOINTED when they lived alongside the first guy and THIS ANOINTED person will see the end.

Thus if the guy at 1914 was 18 and anointed he was born in 1896...if he lived till 90 say then he dies at 1986...that would mean the overlapping anointed person would need to be anointed prior to 1986 to qualify as overlapping so let us say extraordinarily an 18 year old is anointed at 1986 that would mean he was born in 1968.

It is 2013, that person is now 45 years old and he will see the end.

But of course that is using extremes of 18 years old and being anointed which is highly unlikely, as is 90 years old for the death of the first anointed guy. What this means is the age of the anointed second person will actually be MUCH OLDER than the minimum of 45 years old HENCE why they say in the article that second overlapping generation are already advanced in years...

And what this means to a dub is just one thing...the Big A is right here...on the brink...they should be getting super excited about this article...

I know I am but for a different reason...because when nothing happens they will have to readjust AGAIN the generation teaching.

Remember, they get all of this from just this scripture:

Matthew 24:34 - "Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have occurred."

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

@notsurewheretogo

I would agree with you on every point you make with one exception.

This is not huge change. They have made statements to the effect of this one several times though DA and CA items. I know, I've heard them.

What this is, is them clearly documenting the statements they have made in the past, making sure everyone is on the same page and quashing once and for all any idea that there is decades to go. Oh and all of this whilst giving themselves plausible deniability...

• SnailsPace
    SnailsPace

No longer are they saying "this generation" will be not die. They are saying this generation will not die before seeing the start of the great tribulation. That's a big difference.

16 All those in the second group included in “this generation” were not simply alive but were anointed with holy spirit during the time that some members of the first group were still alive on earth. So not every anointed person today is included in “this generation” whom Jesus spoke about. Today, those in the second group are getting older. Yet, Jesus’ words at Matthew 24:34 make us confident that at least some of “this generation will by no means pass away” before seeing the start of the great tribulation. This convinces us even more that soon the King of God’s Kingdom will destroy the wicked and bring in a righteous new world.—2 Peter 3:13.

Maybe the reason why they changed the overlapping generations doctrine to the overlapping annointed doctrine was to distract people from noticing the end of this sentence: "This generation will be no means pass away before seeing the START of the great tribulation." I certainly missed what that implies. Now compare that sentence to the timeline on Page 4/5 of the July 2013 Watchtower. The timeline has the "last days" aka now as a short little 1 1/2 inch gray section. The Great tribulation -starting with the UN attacking Christendom is about 8 inches long before Armageddon. Sooooo . . . quite subtly the Society has brought itself time.

I believe this big push of JW.ORG is control information. Eventually we won't have even the CD-ROM anymore. All information will be on the website, thus allowing the society to even more easily control access to past publications.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

Why not do what I do? Don't have any belief in that matter and it can't be a lie and can't change.

It is possible that not everything that Jesus said was recorded so we are missing too much to draw conclusions on.

• carla
    carla

I need a dummies explanation

• Lozza Aussie
    Lozza Aussie

Seriously this generation crap is enough to drive you crazy. I really don't take too much notice of it all, even when I was hearing all this stuff at meetings. I just like to get on with living the best life I can and make the most of every day I have left to live. Interesting to know that they are playing with this idea again though.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

@konceptual99

It is a huge change as I've asked lots of dubs about it...they say the overlapping generation meant to them that as the first lot died someone who was 1 year old lived at the time of that persons death and became anointed and carried the overlapping generation on...

But now they are stating two things.

1) It is NOT overlapping in terms of lifespans but in actual STATE OF BEING ANOINTED

2) The second lot won't die as the Big A will be here

What this does is greatly reduce the amount of time left in their eyes...of course the GB 2.0 wll need to revise his soon again...which is excellent for people who like us who used to swallow this crap but now tell others what a heap of nonsense it is...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit