MAJOR DOCTRINE CHANGE IN 1/15/2014 WT ON GENERATION TEACHING

by EndofMysteries 55 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ADJUSTMENTS
    ADJUSTMENTS

The WTBATS have insider info on the planned financial collapse in the beginning of 2014!!! So as you said endofmysteries they will wait until then to say the old "I TOLD YOU SO" and use this as part of the great tribulation!!! The WBATS are part of a much bigger network of lies and deciet... Do your research people!!! Dig deeper and look farther than Your local neighborhood kingdom hall!!! Stop drinking the koolaid and wake up!!!

• flipper
    flipper

ENDOFMYSTERIES- Great thread. The point you make about how many of the early JW's in the 1920's left and the WT Society lying about that is so like George Orwell's 1984 where Big Brother tries to change the history or ersae the way REAL history went down so as to control the people under the regime. WT Society does the exact same thing. Since there's such a big turnover in newer JW's who have joined in the last 30 years or so- WT Society can make any old $hit up and throw it on the wall and get newbie JW's to believe it because WT leaders have buried their REAL history on purpose in order to maintain information control over JW's. It's unethical, dishonest and sick. All for the sake of maintaining power and financial control over JW's. Ridiculous

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

tornapart - here is a pretty nice put together description of those leaving during that time and some references in it. http://www.friendsofjehovahswitnesses.com/2012/09/08/75-of-the-original-bible-students-left-the-watchtower-by-1931/ You'll see you can find published material, "Jehovah's witnesses in the divine purpose" published 1959 showing memorial attendance was 90,000 in 1925, then 1927 drops to 17,000. Then a few years after he changes the name of and creates Jehovah's Witnesses, there are no reports.

That's only the drop from those who stayed around after Rutherford took over, so combine that with however many left when he took over by force and became the dictator.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bible_Student_movement that has some nice descriptions as well and a chart showing the splits and years into other groups besides Jehovah's Witnesses.

--------------------------

Thanks Flipper! It really is sick what they do.

• Weana
    Weana

no change at all. It's just the consequence of previous changes:

They stated already some months ago, that all anointed would already be in heaven before the start of armageddon. Therefore, the "generation" of anointed will not remain on earth until armageddon, but just until the start of great tribulation.

• wasblind
    wasblind

" What JW's Do believe is that once the GT starts, it's all over for you. I have personally never seen this belief in print ( It may be somewhere )____Leaving quietly

And your children too

" What will happen to young children at Armageddon ?

The Bible does not directly answer that question, and we are not the judges. However, the Bible does show that God views the young children of true Christians as " holy ." ( 1 Cor. 7:14 ) It also reveals that in times past when God destroyed the wicked he likewise destroyed thier little ones. God does not want anyone to be destroyed, so he is having a warning sounded now to benefit both parents and chlldren. Would it not be wise for parens to pursue a course that would result in thier children being looked upon with favor by God both now and at Armegeddon ?"______Reasoning from the Scriptures book pages 47-48

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

They're "spinning" like fanatic dervishes... they ought to be making mayonaisse!

• gorgia2
    gorgia2

I had plenty of older people asking the teenage-me what I would do if the GT suddenly appeared? I'd be doomed, they'd say. I never read anything about it in the WTS literature either.

gorgia

• Gayle
    Gayle

wow,,90,000 to 17,000..I remember the Divine Purpose book,,a lot of oldtimers must still have that book. Well. that was a 80% decrease,, wouldn't it be thrilling to see that happen now? This site would go on overload. Even, 20% would be thrilling; could it happen in 2014? or soon after? I expect 20% are very close to leaving, if they have a 'last straw' soon.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Interesting thread.. I bet that we are more clued up on this than most dubs. The JAn 15 WT did indeed say that the overlappers

"Were not simply alive during the lifetime of the first group but were anointed with Holy Spirit during the time that that those of the first group were still on earth" - Page 31

Reasoning on this, (just my opinion) , it is on record that a number of WW1 vets were still alive in the world in year 2000. It is a reasonable bet that some, even 1 or 2, of the first group generation were still alive. If a young new emblem-partaker up to the age of 30 started in that same year, he could have around 60 years of expectation. Take off say 10 for time passed and it could be a long way away.......

In my time we never viewed the Gt Trib as a long time, were not the days "cut short"??

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

The pattern of changes to the WT's "this generation" understanding fits the pattern of what would be expected of someone whose mathematical model kept failing. The model is time sensitive, and as time inexorably moves on, the flaws slowly become apparent. But they are unwilling to consider that the whole model is flawed. Anyone thinking outside the box is removed from their thinking process.

Some of the changes in the past seemed reasonable . . . for a while.

One of the basic failings of the model is that Jesus explicitly said that "no one knows that day and hour." This statement (Mt 24:36) was made in contrast to Matthew 24:34 ("this generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur") Notice the contrasting "but" (Greek de) at the beginning of verse 36 . . . Oh wait, the NWT leaves the "but" untranslated.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit