Thinking of going back

by Laika 40 Replies latest jw friends

• KateWild
    KateWild

And why not?

Because the dishonesty is driving Laika mad.

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

And my why not is...when i thought of returning, i i felt like a bird with out feathers, ...not that i feel like a swan by not returning.

• Laika
    Laika

I'm not actually going back guys, I just needed a thread where people validated my choices and set me straight. My internal conversations can be a little messy.

Thanks for the reality check.

• ruderedhead
    ruderedhead

Laika, I know this time of year can make some people feel a little more lonely. And you're right, making friends can be easier said than done. But you need unconditional friends, ones who will stick with you whatever your religious beliefs.

Many organizations need volunteers. Can you find one that you'd like to be a part of and join? That is one way to meet new people. What about workmates? Can you ask one or two to meet for dinner with you? Do you belong to a church? There are some very active churches where you could not only do some good in the community, but meet new people. There are multilpe ways to meet others with similar interests, the hard part is putting yourself out there. But if you dislike dishonesty, it's the way to go!

Hang tough!

• KateWild
    KateWild

It feels good to get validation and support. Ask anytime we all need it, love Kate xxx

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

so Laika, your nor a dog returning to its own vomit...now fly high as a free bird..

• trebor
    trebor

Conditional friendship based on the allegiance to a man-made organization is not a real or healthy friendship.

If dishonesty drives you mad, you will be lying to yourself thinking you have real friends by making 'insta-friends' via Watchtower (or is it JW.ORG) membership.

Laika, glad to read you just needed a thread to validated your choices.

My mother, brother, sisters, their significant others as well as most of my extended family have not spoken to me or my wife and have never met or asked about my almost 3 year old son, or pup since leaving the Watchtower Bible Tract Soceity over five and half years ago. I obviously lost most of my family and all my friends after being a part since birth and for decades.

Yet, I would never-ever, consider being a part of Jehovah's Witnesses again. My ethics and morales would not allow me to stoop so low and be a part of their hypocrisy and blood-guilt:

-How many children have died from the no blood Watchtower stance?

-How long were women told they are worthy of ever-lasting destruction and fornicators if they did not cry out when being raped?

-How many years was accepting organ transplants equal to being cannibalistic?

-How many were told not to pursue a career in this dying 'system of things' nearly half a century ago?

-How many people died in Africa for refusal of a political card, while men in Mexico were giving the ok?

-How many were disfellowshipped for not toeing the line, while the Watchtower Society was a NGO member of the United Nations, riding the 'Wild Beast'?

That's just the tip of the iceberg. Ignoring the above to have a conditional, turn on you faster than a flip of a switch, "friend" or "friends" is not worth it in any shape or form.

• Theredeemer
    Theredeemer

Been there, went back, wasnt same, left again, got married, went back, was even worse, both left , never been happier.

My friend is now going through the same thing. He wants to go back due to occasional feelings of lonliness. This is the analogy i gave him.

Its like prison. If you are in prison for decades there is a big chance you have become institutionalised. Prison is all you have, all you know. Even though your inner self desires life outside those walls and freedom, living in confinement has provided you with a false sense of security. To leave means, who is going to feed you, where are going to live, where are you going to work, who is going to be your friend and so on? That freedom that a convict once would risk his life for, has now become too obscure and powerful to be able to comprehend or wish for.

Leaving a religion like the JW is same. You and many of us were institutionalised. The JW life is all we knew, all we had. We were held prisoner through sheer manipulation. I believe it to be worse than actual prison however because, unlike a prison, we could have left at any time. If you spent your whole life in this prison to leave means to give up all you have and leave with nothing.

This is a lie, a lie the JWs want you to believe. Would you go back to prison because you were lonely? Sadly, many do. They commit any crime to go back.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi Laika, You are probably feeling grief about JWs who you miss. That is the power of BITE control!! Feelings of grief are like an ocean wave. Sometimes they crest and seem impossible to control.

I use to feel grief after my ex-wife divorced me. Sometiems it really sucked when the wave of emotions came crashing down on me. It took several years to fully overcome my feelings of grief. Now life is sooo much better without her and she only treated me worse after we divorced.

What do you like to do? Go out and meet new non-JWs instead of going back to the KH. Nothing has changed about the WTBTS that would change your initial feelings for leaving the WTBTS.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I don't know, loneliness maybe. Another JW friend just told me we can't be friends anymore.

Its a little tuff upon realizing that those relationships you've acquired at the WTS. Corporation are going to peatier out but

maybe they weren't your true friends in the first place, they were arranged and approved by this corrupt publishing house.

I had little problem leaving those pre-arranged relationships at the KH because I knew these were pretentious bogus friends

and they really weren't good people in the first place, in spite of them trying to act out as good JWS ....... BARF

JWS act as they are instructed to act by the WTS. social behavioral controls, very little that comes out these people are truly

from the heart and soul of that person.

A pretentious organization creates pretentious people in a practical and logical sense.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit