• Laika
    Laika

Someone talk some sense into me ffs.

• kjg132
    kjg132

why?

• Laika
    Laika

I don't know, loneliness maybe. Another JW friend just told me we can't be friends anymore.

• Watkins
    Watkins

Yes - WHY? If you're even thinking about it... must be a reason or 3...

Whatever happens, best wishes to you, Laika.

• Laika
    Laika

It's not like a constant feeling, just fleeting ideas until I bring myself back to sanity, but they seem to be growing more persistent.

• blondie
    blondie

Find a few non-jw friends (workmates, non-jw relatives, old schoolmates).

What makes a person a friend in your opinion?

• Vegan Lion
    Vegan Lion

Study up again about: false prophesies, how Jesus wouldn't have chosen the JWs in 1919, pedophilia and the "two witness policy", believing in a god that kills children and on and on...

What's making you think of going back, Laika?

• Gayle
    Gayle

Why get 'conditional' friends? Why have friends you can't be 'honest' with? They will only be 'bus-stop' conversations. Why?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

What is there to go back for ? JW "friends" ? how real is such "friendship" ? what is it truly worth ?

I have made good friends since leaving, a good number are XJW's, I even have an XJW honory "daughter", most are not XJW, but all are genuine friends who remain so regardless of what I do or do not believe.

Feeling lonely has made many a person make HUGE mistakes in their life, don't do the same.

The WT/JWscam has nothing of value to offer, just heartache, pain and emptiness.

The real world is full of possibilities ! of opportunities ! and of wonderful genuine people !

JW Land is full of fakes and fakery. Tell 'em to fake off, even in your mind.

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

I understand — but you also must understand that this is an emotional need; not a spiritual one.

We all know what mistakes can be done when emotions rule. So take a step back and think about where you want to be in — let's say — 5 years?
    If that's what you really want, then go for it. If you ache at the idea of supporting the mind-controlling WTS, then don't.

In any case, give yourself time. :)

* Now, my personal thought is that I would never marry a known controlling slut just because I need a companion. And to me, that's what the WTS is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit