Thinking of going back

by Laika 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Vegan Lion
    Vegan Lion

I've always felt lonely for the most part as a JW. Feeling better now that I'm making other friends. Have you tried to find some exjws in your area? Email me if you need to talk on the phone or skype: vegan.lion36 at gmail . com

• Laika
    Laika

So take a step back and think about where you want to be in - let's say - 5 years

Good advice.

Maybe I'm just impatient, making friends is easier said than done. And I care about those JWs even if they don't deserve it.

I'm not trying to defend myself here, I know it's not rational.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Lakia, do you remember why you left in the first place? Please tell us, why did you stop going?

Kate xx

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

The jw.org site under faq says that jws don't shun former members, so not only are they not your friends they are liars to.

• Laika
    Laika

Kate - I left because dishonesty drives me mad.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I had an acquaintance, a fellow single parent, who would call her ex at Christmas and beg to be let back. The loneliness would hit her at the worst time of year. You can imagine how her begging and pleading was received.

Acknowledge those feelings, those are real. It might not be wise to act on them, though. It's a longer road to find new friends, for sure. But my bet is you will be happier over the long run.

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

Laika if I remember correctly you still have a strong belief in that bible. IF this is so and you obviously see they are not doing things the way the book says... why go back? If you do you will just be going against what it says.

WHy would you want to be friends with someone who will only be your friend if you do what they say? That is not friendship.

Whatever you do have fun with it.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

There are also churches, close communities, where you are free to believe what you want, and not kicked/shunned/etc.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Lakia, keep reminding your self about how mad the dishonesty makes you feel. For your own health you cannot allow the WT to drive you mad. I am in the UK. Are you over here too? PM me if you want to meet up some time in the future.

kate xx

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

And why not?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit