Could there really be something to the UFO phenomena? Amazing documentary

by yadda yadda 2 47 Replies latest jw friends

• MadGiant
    MadGiant

"MadGiant, if it's ever proven ET's exists, I sure hope I'm still around to see this happen." - mind

You and I both my friend. You and I both.

"About the laws of the universe. We simply don't know it all. We think we do. But then later we see that we were wrong." - scotoma

I agree with you, we don't know it all. But based of what we do know is why I am been so stubborn.

This is what I am talking about when I refer to energy, time gravity and spacetime:

Stars are supported against gravity by the thermonuclear fusion in their cores. Fusing lighter atoms into heavier ones releases energy, but those heavier elements require higher temperatures to fuse again. If the star isn't massive enough to ignite the next element, or if it reaches iron, fusion stops. Then gravity gets to continue the job it started billions of years before, crushing atoms.

Small stars end up as white dwarfs are with are dense. But larger stars become neutron stars (try to remember this name).

Atoms in neutron stars are stomped into each other, negative electrons physically crushed into the positive protons to create an endless mass of neutral neutrons.

Ok, the resulting neutronium (from neutron stars) is 40 trillion times denser than lead. If you stood with a spoonful of neutronium, it would fall through the spoon, punch through the Earth until it shot through the core and out the other side. Then it would turn around and do it again, and again, and again and again, until it got stopped by friction. It's as dense as anything can get without giving up on matter entirely and becoming a black hole.

That been said, this is what's needed to create a worm hole, as per NASA, based on the sciences that do exist today:

"First, collect a whole bunch of super-dense matter, such as matter from a neutron star. How much?- well enough to construct a ring the size of the Earth’s orbit around the Sun. Then build another ring where you want the other end of your wormhole. Next, just charge ‘em up to some incredible voltage, and spin them up to near the speed of light -- both of them."-JPL NASA

I am not saying that we are the only ones out there. I am saying that the universe is huge, our galaxy alone is 100,000 light-years in diameter and contains approximately 250 billion stars. It may contain at least as many planets as well. It could be teaming with life as we speak. And could have civilizations far advance that ours.

The problem is that our closet star system is more than 4 light years away. Time, energy, gravity, spacetime, should be a problem for them to.

For example, the Voyager spacecraft left the solar system at 37,000 miles per hour. At that speed, it would take Voyager 80,000 years to reach Proxima Centauri.

80,000 years is a LOT of time. And that spacecraft is the fastest object mankind ever made. (the speed is relative to us).

So again, I don't know. Maybe I just wrote a lot of words to say just this. I do think their is life out there. Them coming here or we going there is very unprovable.

Take care,

Ismael

• sir82
    sir82

Latest estimates are that there are some 8 billion rock-planets in the "goldilocks zone"...

...in our galaxy alone....

...and that's the conservative estimate - it could be 20 billion or more....

Given the number of galaxies, it is virtually certain that there is life elsewhere.

Shoot, given the numbers it is virtually certain that sentient life exists by the millions or billions.

The issue is, as others have pointed out, the vast distances between us & them.

Not to mention the very real possibility that [they] may have accomplished the peak of their civilization a million or 100 million or a billion years ago and wiped themselves out in warfare or natural disasters.

I think we are not alone....but it would be virtually impossible to verify it completely.

• MadGiant
    MadGiant

"Not to mention the very real possibility that [they] may have accomplished the peak of their civilization a million or 100 million or a billion years ago and wiped themselves out in warfare or natural disasters." - sir82

You are right. I wrote something similar a couple of weeks ago.

The Earth is relatively young compared to the rest of the universe, which has theoretically been spinning around in operatic blackness for billions of years. Statistically speaking, any number of the trillions of celestial bodies out there would have produced intelligent life millennia ago -- if they haven't mastered the science of awesome spaceships by now, they probably never will. So there is a very real possibility that our historic first visit to another galaxy might yield nothing but a bunch of big-headed skeletons and about a zillion gallons of wasted rocket fuel.

Or, Alien civilizations may not be trying to talk to us for the same reason that we don't spend a whole lot of time trying to talk to goldfish -- we really don't have anything worthwhile to say to each other.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/262525/2/Are-we-alone#.UoDoT_u9LTo

Take care,

Ismael

• mind blown
  • MadGiant
    MadGiant

@ mind blown

As I stated before, I know almost nothing about quantum mechanics, I am not even a good astro-physics aficionado.

I get the part of multiple universe, what I don't get if the possibility to travel from one to the other, and how much energy is required to do so.

• mind blown
    mind blown

here's one interesting theory....

http://youtu.be/36-dxyd3tLE

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

If any advanced alien civilization is reading this... I'm disappointed that I didn't get the help from y'all with my quantum mechanics exam today, like I'd requested. I'll give you a chance to redeem yourselves by time-travelling me back to before the exam and implanting me with the necessary knowledge. Actually, if you can time-travel, why don't you take all of us here on JWN back about 30 years so we could have gotten outa this cult sooner.

• MadGiant
    MadGiant

"I'll give you a chance to redeem yourselves by time-travelling me back to before the exam and implanting me with the necessary knowledge. Actually, if you can time-travel, why don't you take all of us here on JWN back about 30 years so we could have gotten outa this cult sooner." - Billy

What about the grandfather paradox?

Ismael

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit