The fiance brought in witnesses today oh joy. QUESTIONS

by OneStepOut93 30 Replies latest jw friends

• OneStepOut93
    OneStepOut93

So it's been seven months since I moved out of my parents place and in with my (now) fiance. They came to our door this morning and it's been a long time since I spoke to my parents. I was never disfellowshipped because I was never baptized but there is still online limited contact. Anyways my fiance has been sad seeing me go without my parents so he invited the witnesses in and told them the whole story. They're picking me up for meeting tomorrow. *sigh* Since my fiance has never been a witness will they try and talk me into moving out or even breaking up with my fiance? He said he'd pretend to be a witness just so I can talk to my parents again. But I don't want to live a lie again. What do I do? Any predictions on what may happen tomorrow?

edit: I'm going with other witnesses they who are came to the door.

• OneStepOut93
    OneStepOut93

Anyone help me D:

• OneStepOut93
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

The forum is slow on weekends. You may get some replies, but bump your thread once in awhile- do it again on Monday.

Family does not have to shun a never-baptized person. They are taking a hardline stand on the twisted reasoning from WTS.

I cannot imagine going back to the Kingdom Hall for any reasons nor do I imagine your fiance would be successful in fooling your family.

You may get better suggestions on how to handle things. But I would start with understanding some basics. I highly recommend Steve Hassan's books from freedomofmind.com. The first two books might even be at the library or cheap on Amazon. (COMBATTING CULT MIND CONTROL, RELEASING THE BONDS). The third book is available from Hassan's website as a direct download.

The point you might get from those books is how to break through to a cult member. Writing letters sharing your life, sending photos or simple gifts and the like. But it would not be a direct attack on their beliefs. Anyway, the books will help you more than my explanation.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Tomorrow, I see no reason whatever to go to a meeting in the hopes that it will trigger a positive reaction from your family.

If it had any success, it would focus on your continual meeting attendance.

I doubt the local JW's would tell you on your first visit to move out. It'll probably just be a love-bombing festival.

• adamah
    adamah

Your OP is confusing. Did your parents come to the door, or was it some other witnesses? Were you not there? I mean, did you agree to go to the meeting tomorrow with your parents, or some others?

At any rate, it sounds like you may have to figure out what YOU want for your own life, and not do what others (eg your parents) wants you to do. That's a rat-hole that leads nowhere quick.

Adam

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

They'll offer you and your fiance a bible study. It's a pity he's put you back on their radar. Your parents shouldn't be shunning you but maybe they are uber hard core. Try and count the fallacies in the meeting tomorrow to help pass the time. Good luck.

• cofty
    cofty

It sounds like you have a great boyfriend who wants you to be happy.

Pretending will only end in tears in the long run. There is nothing to be gained by going to the meeting. They will be excited that they are going to win you back to the cult and yes sooner or later they will tell you to move out and break up with him unless he becoms a JW as well.

Since you were never baptized you should be able to go on having contact with family. If you compromise now it will only raise false hopes.

It's not easy losing relationships with parents, even as an adult but don't give in to the emotional blackmail.

• OneStepOut93
    OneStepOut93

Adamah: Witnesses came to the door

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I am confused also. If you are going WITH YOUR PARENTS, you may want to go just because you miss them. But feel free to just zone out during the meeting. Try to talk to them about non-JW issues before and after. Talk positively about your life and your fiance.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit