Well, here's my story... Like it or not.

by staceman 33 Replies latest jw experiences

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Hello staceman,

You have found friends who are going through the same feelings.

But here is the deal. I still love Jehovah. I still love the people in his organization. I still feel that they have the truth. But I really don't want to live.
    You will find here people at many different stages of withdrawal. But you are not withdrawing from Jehovah. Many of us like you still love God and still love our JW friends. And they have many truths that differentiate them from most but not all religious people.

You must be a good person from what you have posted. And at present you are living for the good you can bring to others rather gratification for yourself. This is a clue you are one of the best the Witnesses ever had. DON'T PUT YOURSELF DOWN.

I have recently emerged from the quandary you are in. Email me if you like at [email protected].

Jst2laws

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

hi staceman, and welcome to our little family here.

thank you for sharing your story with all of us! you've been through a lot and i think your journey is just beginning.

i picked up in your post that you moved back to the twin cities. i live in minneapolis and there are a few others on the board in this area as well. please feel free to email me. we get together every few months and would love to have you join us.

best wishes to you! and congrats on your upcoming wedding

love
    harmony

ps. a short history of me, i'm 27, was raised a witness, baptized at 15 and left the jws at 17. my family is all still in.

• Salud
    Salud

staceman,
    This is my first post on this website. Your story moved me enough to respond. I have visited enough times over the last 8 months or so that I now feel that I would like to share in some of the discussions. I like many others was touched by your story. I along with my wife have been disfellowshipped for over a year now. I also served for many years as an elder with many special priviledges. All that has changed now. Everything we had, friends, family, has been striped from us, not to mention reputations ruined in the process. When this religion was your whole life and then it is all gone in a matter of minutes it is really an eye-opener. But fortunately we have found friends (some on this board) who are in the same situation as us and who understand, and you know what? the world is not as bad as it is made out to be. I hope you find this to be true in your case some day. Hang in there and may the peace of God that surpasses all comprehension be with you.

• butalbee
    butalbee

Glad to see your post!!!! And read your story!!! I know you know my email address, and it's always opened to ya if you need to talk!

Lara

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Hello Salud,

When this religion was your whole life and then it is all gone in a matter of minutes it is really an eye-opener. But fortunately we have found friends (some on this board) who are in the same situation as us and who understand, and you know what? the world is not as bad as it is made out to be. I hope you find this to be true in your case some day. Hang in there and may the peace of God that surpasses all comprehension be with you.
    Good to see you join the discussion. I am not DF'd yet but agree with everything you said above. Many here have 'served' as you have and are in the same place now. I have a long history too in service but have accepted reality. My email is open if you would like to talk privately.

Jst2laws

• Solace
    Solace

Staceman,
    Welcome.
    There is nothing wrong with having love for God and loving people in the organization. I also feel the same way. Much of my family is J.W. Comming here has been a great help for me.
    Take Care & Be Strong. You are not alone.

Salud,
    Nice to have you here.
    It is especially hard to deal with leaving when your entire life is comsumed by the Org. It is so nice to see your positive outlook.

• animal
    animal

I went all thru the ACOA and the Codependent things, and trust me, it is amazing. After looking thru it, and thru myself, I was amazed at the power I gained in myself. I also left all the shit behind from the JW brainwashing.

Do a web search on google.com for codependet+ACOA .... you will be amazed also.

Animal

• siegswife
    siegswife

((((staceman)))) Please believe me when I say that your experiences with the JW's is just the beginning of your journey. You love God! Keep seeking Him. What father, if his son asked for a fish would give him a stone? Doesn't your Father in Heaven care so much more for you? He has led you AWAY from the JW's because you love Him. Trust that. You know how you feel about Him and He does too. Don't ever doubt that.

Do you think that the Source of Love would lead you away from Him, when you love Him so much? He wouldn't. He is leading you to the Truth. Read your Bible, apart from the Watchtower, and your eyes will be opened to the Truth. The real Truth. He loves you, and He knows the debth of your love for Him. Faith is what it's about, brother. Trust that.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Stace!

I have been worried sick about you for the past couple years. Thank you for having the courage to post your story. It is the beginning of your recovery from "the truth" and its heavy demands. I was in your old congregation, and will e-mail you (if you don't e-mail me first).

Regards,
    J.R.

-J.R.

This post was not evaluated by any mental health professionals.
    Any opinions expressed are those of a fuzzy, cuddly rodent.

• Anne Marie
    Anne Marie

Dear Staceman,

I have read many personal stories on the web...on this site, and on many others. Yours was the first where I actually had to stop to cry.

I believe that your Father, who is in the heavens, Jehovah God, and His son, Jesus, love you very much, and that it was Jehovah who put it in your mind to write from your troubled heart. It was an important step!

First, please re read ALL the responses again...and again! There is much good advice! Especially the advice about getting to a meeting of "Adult Children Of Alcholics". I believe that the entire 12 Step program is from God himself. It is an entirely spiritual program. You learn, really learn, what it means to have a loving, and secure relationship with Jehovah!

You are not worthless!! The "feeling" of worthlessness is not from God, but from your adversary, the Devil himself!

You are so right, there are so many dear Brothers and Sisters in the organization, but that doesn't mean that the one's who have been running the show are doing so for your own good! You are responsible for your life. And you have never LIVED your life! As you said, you spent most of your life trying to please your father. But your Father, Jehovah, gave you your life to live!

Read the "Crisis Of Conscience", by Raymond Franz. You can get it at any Bible Book Store. It is not an "apostate" book. It is a book written by a dear Brother, much like you, and it is humbly written from the heart of a broken, and sad man.

As it was advised to you earlier, above all else, PRAY! Do not let any negative feelings of "not worthy" get in your way! Read the scriptures with prayer, and an open heart. There is much comfort and joy in store for you!

Ask for Jehovah's constant guidance in this scary transition faze of the birth of your life. With God, all things are possible!

I know you are sad for the loss of your father and children, but your first responsibility is to you, and your spiritual and emotional healing. And that is going to take a long time. Take the first step. Pray about the advice you have been given here. Call the main number of "Alcoholics Anonymous" and ask for the ACOA number.

A journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.

You are not alone! Keep posting! Pray! Believe that Jehovah knows your pain and that He wants you to be happy! Jehovah is a happy God! And He wants you to be happy, too!

And remember, Jesus died so that your sins might be forgiven. He died so that "who so ever believed in Him might not perish...". Do not think that you can earn your way into Jehovah's good graces. You already are. All you need is His love, and you have that, and to accept what He has already provided.

In His Arms,
    Anne Marie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit