Well, here's my story... Like it or not.

by staceman 33 Replies latest jw experiences

• Prisca
    Prisca

Staceman,

When I was in my final year as an active, and finally an inactive, Witness, I was very depressed much as you are. Fortunately what kept me going was the belief that somehow God would be able to read my heart and judge me for the good in me.

I would suggest that you READ, READ and READ some more. Posting on this site is the first step. At least you can reach out and speak to others who have gone through the same as you. Don't ever think you are alone, because you are not. We all know what it is like to have gone through the emotions you are going through now.

I am glad that you are moving on with your life, and I hope everything works out for you in your new marriage. And whatever you do, don't feel that Jehovah has condemned you for leaving the "Truth". Many of us have left the organisation, but have not left God.

• Kep
    Kep

Welcome Staceman.
    My heart goes to you bro.
    You have been thru a lot already and still have maintained admirable qualities.
    Never feel that you are alone, the path you are on is one that many of us here have and continue to travel.
    This is a wonderful place to find insight on many issues that we face at different times.
    I love this place altho I'm not full on posting, I am full on reading and learning.
    Take care.

Welcome Salud, I look forward to your posts as well.

Kep

• staceman
    staceman

Wow... I really don't know what to say to all of you! The words
    "Thank You" just don't seem to do it, but that is all I can think of right now. Boy, the english language is really limiting isn't it?
    Thank you all sooooo much for all of your encouragement. I just stopped by here for a quick minute, so I don't have a lot of time right now, but I WILL respond to those that have asked me too.
    Thanks again to all of you! I feel a little better already... Finally people that understand!! Wow....
    Staceman

• Carmel
    Carmel

Staceman,

Like many of us who grew up as JUU's our sense of self worth was guaged by how well we pleased others, ie the elders, our elder parent, etc. It sound like you are still in that mindset and need to confront the fact that you will never be happy trying to impress others with your accomplishments. I hope you stick around as you seem to be sincerely searching for solice and reinforcement that you are doing the right thing. Ultimately, you have to decide for yourself if being involve with the JWs leads to glory or to self anhialation.

Best regards,

carmel

• dyan4help
    dyan4help

Staceman.....

Reaching out to these wonderful people here will support you on your way to a better truth then you had thought you had found. There is something wrong with a religion that turns its back on as many nice people as there are here. Don't give up. Enjoy the love you now have in your life.

Dyan

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

welcome staceman!

SPAZ

• not interested
    not interested

Hey Stace,
    this is jason u know me we were brother in laws for 9 years, I just found your post and i must say it realy shoked me, Lee and i never knew about the problems you had back then we were too busy trying to cover our own.
    and then there was me marrien into a perfect family i never felt i could live up tp ypur dads expectations,(but god knows i tried)
    I rember when he your sister that he wouldnt support us getting married becuase i wasnt good enough for hisdaughter guess i proved him right huh,
    I guess im writing this reply because i wish i knew how you felt back then because i felt alot of the same we could have talked about alot besides the vikings.
    so what im trying to say is even though we are not brother in laws anymore i still want to be your brother(dont meen to sound sappy) but we both lost our familys but we need to get togather and hang out its about the only way to beet the depression that your feeling i know cuz i went through it and i tried to beaat it by the bottel and that didnt help well yeh it did at times but its not the answer.
    Hang around the site and hook up with us locals when we have our apostate fests its a good time,and rember ill never turn my back on you when you feel like you have no family we were family once and in my eyes we still can be

tace care stace,
    Jason

• one
    one

stanceman,

another drama not part of the assembly program. As you know it is an spirtual paradise...

Stanceman, stand for your values, this board obviously is part of your contingency plan.

Your are about to change your NETWORK topology and protocol.

WT protocol is obsolete... they dont even folLow OSI model, what can you expect (CRASH). They are out of sync with rest of the world.

Go wireless, no strings attached here. UPGRADES always presents a challenge. But you will find a lot of SUPPORT on this board.

Hang in there, no doubt you eventually will be CERTIFIED. Then with your experience you will be able to SUPPORT others.

+ Bill Gates will keep you busy, which is good to retain sanity, in the real world..

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

Staceman,

This is the first time I have seen your post, I seem to have mnissed a lot recently.

I hope I can get to meet you in the near future (at Gopher's event). Until then if you ever want to talk just e-mail me and we can exchange phone numbers. I am not that far from you (distance, age or experience-wise).

Thirdson

• termite 35
    termite 35

Hi Staceman;You sound happier already!See how it helps to let it all out?Never worry about what you say here someone will know what you're feeling and if they don't ,they'll try to .That's why Simon created the board ;Support and love and help for us all;Just post and soak up the love!!!Termite XXX

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit