Blood sausage

by stillin 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Stand for Pure Worship
    Stand for Pure Worship

AlphaMan

Blood pudding, blood sausage, chitlins, hog moss, all of that stuff is just gross.

• Island Man
    Island Man

Chicken giblet stew, with hearts, livers and gizzards, on toast for breakfast, is a real treat.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

RobCrompton , The traditional English breakfast sounds disgusting. lol . Is the bread fried in grease? If it is traditional, that would mean most English people eat and like blood pudding? I know it is a case of don't knock it if you haven't tried it. I have seen it but it does not appeal to me. Neither does having baked beans for breakfast.

Vanderhoven7, What else is there for the Inuit to eat? It isn't like they can walk into their garden and pick fresh tomatoes, onions and basil, or a handy snack like an apple, orange or banana. lol I am glad I wasn't born there. lol How they have survived eating things like whale blubber and no fruit or veggies, is beyond me.

Tiktaalik, I think you would be the winner on games like Survivor or The Amazing Race etc , when they make the person eat things, most of us would not want to even try. lol

Interesting discussion, one I have never participated in until now.

LoisLane

PS There was a socialite from Texas or New York. She said she had never had a hamburger and no hamburger (sandwich) was ever going to pass her lips. I say ditto for me with the blood sausage.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The reason why blood is not used in the production and processing of foods throughout the world

is mostly contained in the fact that it just simply tastes bad.

Except for those odd birds who eat blood sausage or black pudding as its called in the UK.

One truthful aspect to the not eating blood by biblical description is that its totally impossible to drain all

traces of blood in any animal before its prepared for human consumption.

• cofty
    cofty

I have had black pudding a few times. Last time was as a starter sliced thin and layered with bacon and a peppercorn sauce. It was superb.

I have also seen it being made in an butcher's complete with large bucket of blood waiting to be poured into the mix - gross!

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Stand for Pure Worship, it comes as no surprise to me that your ignorance spans many fields of human endevor, not just theology.

They are not "hog moss," they are hog maws... the stomach of a pig.

If you've ever had a hot dog that "snapped" when you bit into it, you consumed pig ears, jowls, snout, feet, tails, etc., ground into a tasty seasoned pink paste then stuffed into a pig intestine.

Bon Appétit, goofball!

• Stand for Pure Worship
    Stand for Pure Worship

maws, moss, maus, it's still gross.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

NN - you beat me to it, was gonna correct that "moss" spelling also.

and I'm sure that Mi , , , I mean SFPW has had a hot dog before.

• Stand for Pure Worship
    Stand for Pure Worship

I don't eat swine.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

A couple of months ago I bought some and cooked it. It was terrible, as I had no idea how to cook it properly. I still have one in the freezer, as no one else in my family wanted to eat it.

Then last month I went to an exceptional restaurant and they had blood pudding as part of the antipasto. It was very nice, full of flavour.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit