i was announced tonight offically free

by unstopableravens 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• unstopableravens
  • unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

if it were not for wifey being sad, i would be a very happy guy

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

Unstop: congratulations! That's a big step. You haven't mentioned wifey as much lately, how has she been doing with all of this? What about her family of superstar JWs? Does your son seem to be grasping anything of the situation or is he insulated from it all? (Sorry I forget how old he is)

Clearly you decided that freedom is worth the risk. I hope all goes well for you and your family. Now is when the real dark side of cult personalities will shine through. I know you have Jesus and all that stuff, but don't forget we are here to vent to!

• whathappened
    whathappened

Yes, we wish you and your family well.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Did you attend the event?

I didn't attend either of the two events when my name was last mentioned.

xxxx has been DELETED from the Servant Body.

xxxxx has DISASSOCIATED himself from the blah, blah blah Jehovah's Witnesses.

I was out celebrating with real friends.

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

Although I consider the Jehovah's Witnesses a manmade religion with no apostolic authority whatsoever, I can feel for his wife. The big question is, what is she going to do? What can she do?

I can understand it better when someone is born into the Outfit and its legitimacy is drilled into their heads from an early age. But for the life of me, I can't understand people who would buy into it as an adult. My biggest problem with the group-think is that they buy the Outfit's legitimacy as a given, and it has not one iota of evidence that God is behind the organization. When they used to come to my door back in the 70s, they would make sure that I understood that all religious sects today were manmade, but they, somehow, were created and organized by God.

Is the Outfit a church? The GB says no, they're not a church.

Do they call their officers? No, they take the honor unto themselves and appoint them.

Do they ordain anyone? Nope.

Do they have the same officers as the ancient church? Well, no. It has elders and overseers (bishops), but that's about it.

Where does it say in scripture that rank and file members have to go door to door? No place I've seen.

How about the weekly meetings to read the Outfit's newsletters? Again, not in scripture.

Do the leaders (GB) receive revelation from God in the way of angels, visions, theophanies, etc.? No, they hear a voice inside their heads that tell them how to badly interpret scripture.

Do they have the ancient keys of authority? Nope, they can bind in heaven or earth without 'em.

How about the baptism of water and the Spirit. Do they confer the Holy Spirit on members through the laying on of hands. No, but they baptize by immersion. The other is no longer necessary, even though it was done anciently with all members.

You start asking these questions and it doesn't look good. In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established, the scripture states; but the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society has no such witnesses that can ascertain their ministerial authority.

I think the more JWs know about the Bible and about the New Testament practices, the more the above answers should bother them. After reading the gospels, they should begin with Acts and mark down every religious principle written that is not taught by the Outfit. You'll see that your notebooks will fill up very rapidly. Then write your own questions with scriptures as answers and insert them into the questions the Outfit tells their members to ask investigators. As head of the house, Unstoppableravens, can you lead your family into such a study? I know it's not encouraged...that is, to study the Bible in lieu of the magazines. But can you put the magazines aside and see what the Bible says about the above, and about prophecy like Armageddon. Does your reading of the Bible match the teachings of the Governing Body?

And oh yeah, get a tree this Christmas and put on some colored lights (not the white ones).

• zakharijah
    zakharijah

Congratulations!

• clarity
    clarity

Unstopable good for you! CONGRATULATIONS

>

Throw a party ....or go out for a wonderful dinner.

>

Order flowers for your wife. Be a kid again!

Take your wife out dancing .. she will start being happy too!

clarity

• SanLuisObispoTruthSeeker
    SanLuisObispoTruthSeeker

Happy for your freedom from the Scurge, did the Organization sour you on religion?

• cantleave
    cantleave

Congratulations - at least you won't jump from the JW outfit into the mormon cult (outfit) as cold streel would like you to.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit