They Stole My Sign!

by silentlambs 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

I am inclined to agree with teejay here.

While all of us would like to believe it was without a doubt the JW who stole the sign.. do you really have proof?

While they possess legitimate reason to steal the sign, it does not make us any better than them to pass judgment and automatically be certain it was the local JW who committed the theft.

After thinking about this with my head and not my heart, it could just as easily have been mischievous teens pulling a prank. I know, I was a teen not too long ago

Now, interestingly, if you DO get ANOTHER sign with the phrases you suggested above, and it is stolen AGAIN... then I believe we would have sufficient reason to believe this was intentional and not a random act of teenage practical jokers.

As always, I highly admire your work Bill Bowen. We need more men like you. Keep up the good work.

It is not religious persecution for an informed person to expose publicly a certain religion as being false, thus allowing persons to see the difference between false religion and true religion.
    WT 11/15/1963 page 688 paragraph 3

• Prisca
    Prisca

I agree with teejay and Reborn. When I first read Bill's post, I was inclined to think it could have been drunken idiots, or bored kids who might want to use it as a skateboard ramp.

Could the sign be secured to anything? If it was secured, it would make it harder for passerbys to remove it, only those who really wanted to remove it would have to try that little bit harder.

• crittersitter
    crittersitter

cover the sign with grease..the nasty thick stuff they use for axles..and pile lots of dog poop around the sign...so they cannot miss it..and string up booby traps with string and tin-cans and bells...that's what i'd do

• siegswife
    siegswife

Bill, (Love you man) Just some advice. Before you go off and assume that it was the JW's, take it from me, kids will do that sort of thing. When I was a teenager, my friends and I would go around our small community and steal the lights from the outside Christmas decorations that people had in their yards. We would then smash them into the street. Why? Because we were ignorant and thought it was exciting and fun. I doubt if the JW's stole your sign. It was more likely some "fun" seeking kids in your neighborhood.

Love,
    Lea

• anewperson
    anewperson

Report it to the police anyway. The crux of the matter is not just WHO stole it, but that they did steal it. Let the police handle it, and it also handily gives them another good reason to be rendering general protection. Given the anger of Watchtower "annointed ones" in Brooklyn, and the tens if not hundreds of millions of dollars they now face losing, this is the course of wisdom.

• teejay
    teejay

A real cool vignette for a promo for an upcoming TV program:

Scene One:

Bored (or druken) teens, out for a night of fun, ride along in a suped-up convertible along the streets of an unfamiliar residential area. The tunes on the radio are rockin’ and they’re just having worlds of fun, minding their own business.

Up ahead they see a mailbox on the side of the road and before you know it, one challenges the other with stupid dares. As they approach, to prove his manhood, one slams the box with a baseball bat, destroying it.
    ----------

Scene Two:

Next morning, the homeowner goes outside to get the morning paper. He notices the mailbox laying on the yard and wonders what he did wrong.

• silentlambs
    silentlambs

FYI it is an election month here in Kentucky there are hundreds of signs of every shape and size in practically every yard and street corner in the county. It would seem a bit odd no one took any of the "other" signs up and down the highway in this area. They sure had plenty to choose from.

• LDH
    LDH

LOL!

I'll tell you why no one *$&%s with an election sign....It's a felony!

Bill's sign on the other hand, would be a misdemeanor charge....

HOWEVER you could still put up the sign that says "Do JWs protect child molesters?"

Would anyone like to go in together and get some static cling stickers for our car windows?!?!?!

Lisa

• siegswife
    siegswife

Hey Lisa, I would do that. Where do I get them?

• LDH
    LDH

I'm not sure, so I'll investigate. I have a contact in town who does imprintables so let me ask....

PS you never went back to the gift circle thread?!?! Prisca and I are exchanging this month--maybe we could exchange next? Email me.

Lisa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit