• Londo111
    Londo111

I looked at the numbers in the Yearbook for the Scandinavian countries:

2011 2012 Baptized Difference %Increase
    Denmark 14171 14281 227 110 0.776233
    Norway 10740 10959 233 219 2.039106
    Sweden 22052 22043 344 -9 -0.04081
    Total 46963 47283 804 320 2.774527

Sweden seems to have had a slight decrease.

• emeth
    emeth

@bugbear the New bigger assembly halls will be build by an international group of volunteers. Some halls that are used now will be sold (for example one in the Netherlands that was used for 40 years). The money will be used for the new halls. The bigger new halls will serve for decades to come as assembly and convention halls. They will also be used for education like the school for couples. Housing, for the students will be there as well so that they dont have to travel each day back and forth to the hall.

• KateWild
    KateWild

emeth,

Hello nice to see you on the board again. How are you doing today?

All this activity and proposed building plans seem very exciting. How do you know about the proposed plans you speak of? They are not on jw.org. Kate xx

• emeth
    emeth

@Kate how come you dont know? i thought you guys had moles

anyway i dont think you will see it on JW.org since we build and have assembly halls in every country but never i saw something of it on JW.org

But if they would decide to bring an article on this they would do if the work starts on sites

• KateWild
    KateWild

The bigger new halls will serve for decades to come as assembly and convention halls.-emeth

That's a very interesting concept to me. These decades you speak of, are they after Armaggedon as well as this system in your veiw?

Kate xx

• emeth
    emeth

@Kate its not that interesting, and what i said is based on two things.

First the experience we have with the halls we used and now sell in order to build these new ones.

Second, if you remember the Video 'Jehovah's Witnesses - Organized to share the Good News' just take a look at what is said at 28:51 till 29:28 minutes.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

what was said know one wants to acctually go look at that video again.

• yadda yadda 2
  • joe134cd
    joe134cd

I was semi involved in a foreign language group before I left, and I have to say that they do have quite a different atmosphere to them. Lots of new faces all the time. Bible studies, and higher quantities of youth.

• bemused
    bemused

Londo111

Using your figures I make the growth for all of Scandanavia just 0.681%, which is a lot less than the 2.77% growth you calculated and, I suspect, below population growth rates.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit