I Am Addicted To Chocolate ! ! !

by Stauros 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

Not all chocolate is vegan. We don't buy any of the obvious fake/cheap stuff, but when you read ingredients, many higher end Americanized chocolate still contains casein. Many, many items what you would assume are vegan are unfortunately not, as my teen has read in detail about ingredients since her decision to be vegan. She makes her own or we search for the good European chocolate.

For chocolate ice cream, she likes the coconut milk ice cream, in chocolate. I tried it and it's quite good.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Trader Joe's has a Pound Plus bar of 70% chocolate, very good and lasts a long long time. They also seem to always have new varieties of chocolate, so when I go I like to buy two or three different kinds and try them out. They had dark chocolate with sea salt recently, that was very good.

I have to admit Dove dark chocolates are good too.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I love the Pound plus bars from TJ. I make a gluten free brownie using it that is out of this world. It's more like a flour less cake than a brownie, but so scrumptious. It uses coconut oil. It also uses a small amount of sorghum flour, but you could easily substitute regular flour if you do not need to be gluten free. If you goggle gluten free brownie it is usually the first one listed, the site is Gluten Free Godess. Unfortunately I am not supposed to eat large amounts of chocolate, so I have to save it for a special occasion.

I volunteer with a program for the elderly, so I took some of the brownies to share for the book group. One of the ladies has some dementia and doesn't talk much, but after she had her piece she started moving things around on her plate, then she leans over and says "I made room for some more cake!" It has to be good if it got her to talk, lol.

• Nice_Dream
    Nice_Dream

Me too! I love dark chocolate. I buy a giant bar of President's Choice extra dark chocolate and eat at least a square a day. :) I also like the Lindor truffle balls.

Lisa- what a sweet story! Those must be great brownies.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit