got baptized today

by unstopableravens 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• suavojr
    suavojr

As JW they don't do it in the name of the father, the son and the holy spirit.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

hey fakesmile: thanks for your kind words, i got baptized as asymbol of what god already did for me, it was not be saved it was because i was saved. my baptism as a jw was into a religion based on there second question. i talked with my pastor and we both agreed i should be baptised in the name of the father son and holy spirit and not an organization.

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

i could have sworn that somewhere in the bap. talk, they referenced the command to by jesus to baptise of f, s, hs. but still my misunderstanding is that if it is a symbol of dedication, doesnt your dedication to god still mean something? for example, i have heard of "born agains" baptising their friends with a few drops of tap water. isnt the gesture as acceptable as if it were done by benny hinn or pat robinson?

what about john ashcroft who upon appointment of AG had his father in law, a certified minister, "bless" some olive oil and "annoint" him? after being "blessed" he went on to design the patriot akkkt and approve of torture. please forgo the "true scottsman" defense.

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

sorry, un. i hadnt read your response b4 i posted. just keep being a nice dude. you dont need a near drowning for that. smiley face

• jgnat
    jgnat

I like baptisms in the Alliance church. Often there is a personal testimony by the candidate, or a story from a mentor or friend. It is highly personal.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

gnat: its been a while

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I felt surreal when I was baptized and confirmed with a small group at Easter. The bishop lost concentration and flubbed his lines when he came to me. My Mom came. It was no big deal.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

band: ohh wow that sounds embarrsing

• cantleave
    cantleave

Was a full immersion? If so did you wear your speedos?

• KateWild
    KateWild

so does this void the jw baptism or is it like marrying a 2nd wife without divorcing the first?-fakesmile

He wrote his letter for DA this week.

Unstopable-How did your wife react? Is she okay with this?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit