got baptized today

by unstopableravens 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

so does this void the jw baptism or is it like marrying a 2nd wife without divorcing the first?

• Zoos
    Zoos

Unstopable, were you not already baptized?

• Stauros
    Stauros

I got baptized twice, once as one of Jehovah's Witnesses at the age of 18, and more recently with the Church of Christ. I have always believed in GOD so baptism is just a symbol of your faith in Jesus Christ. Baptism alone does not save you, the way you live your life does.

E.

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

stauros, if you are "saved" by the way you live, than what is the need for a symbol? el christo is supposed to know your heart. the fact is, baptism has become a pledge of allegiance to a particular sect. which is fine, but doesnt that just become an empty show to gain acceptance from people? or did i answer my own question?

• Stauros
    Stauros

stauros, if you are "saved" by the way you live, than what is the need for a symbol? el christo is supposed to know your heart. the fact is, baptism has become a pledge of allegiance to a particular sect. which is fine, but doesnt that just become an empty show to gain acceptance from people? or did i answer my own question? [fakesmile]

Christ says, you must repent and be baptized so we do. Batpism is a symbol of death and rebirth, you know this. You put to death your former ways, and are reborn to a new life under GOD's rules, or commandments. It also represents resurrection after a person dies. Some people believe they are saved simply by being baptized, this is not the case. If you become baptized yet you continue to willfully sin, then the baptism means nothing.

Estephan

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

to each their own, i suppose. i guess after being hoodwinked by 1 "true religion", well ill quote george W. "fool me once shame on...me. fool me twice..... duh............... ya cant get fooled again." well, not everyone.

• suavojr
    suavojr

Congrats in your journey! I don't feel I need to get batized again but sounds like you have found inner peace

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

thanks all,

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

zoos: i was baptized as a jw, not as a christian.

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

hey unstop. i hope you enjoyed yourself and have a nice spiritual journey. my only thing is, you seem like a nice enough feller. why exacty did you feel the need to shed your old self? and regardless of the denomination you were first dunked into doesnt that still stand as it was done in the name of father, son, holy spirit?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit