got baptized today

by unstopableravens 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• unstopableravens
  • unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

so different from the khall, nothing to do with an org. almost seemed surreal

• adamah
    adamah

Congrats!

What a coincidence, as I went for a swim today, too! Immersion in a pool of water feels pretty surreal, huh?

Adam

• Ding
    Ding

Congratulations, Unstopableravens!

If I tell a JW, "It's not about an organization," I get a blank stare; that thought just doesn't compute with them.

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

my sister will also be baptized by the catholic church soon. not sure what to say about that, congratz i guess.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

JH, you will not be excluded from her life. I find Catholisicm facinating, so incredibally rich with history ( that is readily available and encouraged by the priest to read!) The connections with the even older Judism is even more facinating.

Regardless of different views you may have, or even she may have, will not seperate her from her family and friends.

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

hi there nonjwspouse, yes, i don't worry about that, it's really more of her trying to blend in with her own family (her husband is catholic and her children too). she of course knows my stance on it, but we have no problem talking about it, jokingly most of the time. the good thing about the catholic church is that people are a pretty much down to earth and living in the real life most of the time.

• steve2
    steve2

Good, clean swimming water is so very rare in these last days that you really need to be extremely selective making your choice of venue for immersion.

I hear the Salvation Army baptismal pools are heated but not necessarily with water, the Baptists used to rely on rivers until newly immersed ones emerged with trout poo in their hair, the Methodists added too much bleach to their water and candidates of all races emerged white, the Mormons baptismal fonts were designed for couples and all sorts of things happen when Mormon elders push them under, the Brethren stopped baptising some years ago because the after-baptism rub down aroused too many horny members and the Jehovah's witnesses asked you to sign on the dotted line vouching that you would not spend any of your precious time under water independently thinking your own thoughts.

Sometimes being told what to do and when to do it makes like more tolerable. Choices create headaches. Today, with baptism-focused headache staved off by a fistful of paracetamol, I have decided to keep my clothes on and resist with all my might the waters calling for my total immersion. I'll get baptized when I'm ready, I declare, but in the meantime no suckers pushing me under.

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

Unstop! Congratulations!!!!!

I read your posts and I am incredibly proud of how much you've learned about your newfound faith. :) You are so excited and typically using a language I understand which tells me you're geniunely having fun and now you're GETTING it.

Now have fun....

• Honesty
    Honesty

Congratulations, unstopableravens!

If you ever decide to move to another denomination you can be pretty well sure that your brothers and sisters in the denomination where you were baptized will not shun you.

So, so unlike the treatment from those who attend kingdom halls of Jehovah's Witnesses. They think you have left God if you leave their superior group full of righteous people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit