How do JW's get reinstated?

by Sally 22 Replies latest jw friends

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

That is the control aspect of the JW's. You friend needs to seek out a support group and read some self help books on how to build up his self esteem. Most JW's are approval seeking and have what they call codependent personalities. That is why cults look for these types of people because they are easier to control. Codependents are looking for approval fronm others. Your freind has to build up his self esteem and not look toward any man made organization for approval.

Will

"I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's."
    Mark Twain

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

Yes, a support group would be good, but I think if a person wants to be reinstated, then they should be encouraged and supported in that endeavor. Especially if they live in a small town.

We have all learned from the Bryant case how damaging and painful shunning can be, and no one should be subjected to it. It might be worth a few months or a year of hard work, and going through the reinstatement process, if they have family in or some other reason.

But recognize that after all that work, one slip and that person can be right out 'in the street again'. Watchtower has changed, and all you have to do is look cross-eyed at someone and you are dissasociated. More and more Witnesses are finding themselves cast out without even a judicial hearing.

And the Watchtower is leaning more toward eliminating judicial hearings altogether as a pre-emptive strike against civil lawsuits. Now they just give a 'marking' talk and everyone is expected to 'shun' that person 'on their own' initiative.

The alternative is the "Jehovah's Witnesses Relocation Program'. Get yourself reinstated, then load up your car with whatever you can carry in the dead of night and move to another state and never look back.

Don't you just feeel the loooove....

• William Penwell
    William Penwell
    Don't you just feeel the loooove....

Unconditionally???....

I agree with your points but one has to remember that 99.9% of the world is non JW's. Look at the potential out there if one just wants to bite the bullet, leave and not look back. What you have to remember is the JW's need us more than we need them. As the WT membership starts to decline and it starts effecting their pocket books, then they will start to make changes to their archaic system.

Will

"I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's."
    Mark Twain

• Solace
    Solace

I thought the person had to stop commiting the sinful act, admit of its wrongness and kiss butt like never before.
    Repent
    Repent
    Repent

• happy man
    happy man

I think I am unusual on this bord, as on going JW, qit as an elder for only 2 years ago, so i can give you the answer on this, perhaps this is NEWS for peopel, here, or a scoop if you want.
    I was on spec eldermeting in 1999, and it was 2 days and the tema was ,and listen carfully, we must be harder when it comes to DFD, we have been to week and to mercy,if a person get drunk and some see him hee must be dfd,for exampel, no talking of mercy and love.
    And second they give the elders littel punishment for we have being to kind and reinstated them to fast, they say it must go at least one year, no wrong if they have to wait 2 year, this is the answer to your qestion, the elders have a addvise to wait and see if they realy want to bee jw again,it is like a bigg proof. I dont like this new thing and think this was a proof on that we have wolfs inn our leadership,i am waiting on jehova to take care of this, so i am still JW.
    I can tell you that one of my children was dfd,for minor thing and ask 6 times to be reinstated, and after almost 2 year they say yes, he is now a wery happy JW and told mee today he was going on the strets of Stockholm and talk to peopel 5 ours abaout the kingdom, and he was happy abaout it.
    this was my story.

• Solace
    Solace

Happy man,
    Are you for real?
    I swear some of my family goes to the thursday night meeting 1/2 in the bag and never gets disfellowshipped.
    My aunt is a missionary and I hardly ever see her without a drink in her hand while she is visiting. As a matter of fact, my mom said she and my aunt went down to the lake and got drunk last time she was here.

• happy man
    happy man

heaven.
    Well I live inn Sweden,and here is it not comen that JW use alcohol.
    A mather of fackt it is a bigg sinn, if you gett drunk, never forget first time I was in US, it was 1969,(Wonderfull times 21)and the man where we live, ask if I want something to drink,o yes, i was wery thursty ,and ,man he gett me some thing who make mee so bad i coudnt get upp from my chair,this was the first time i have a so calld drink,i think it was lemonade,ther you see the cultur of liqure in sweden.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Sally,

I think now days the Judicial Committee has to be given PROOF of the frontal Lobotomy.

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

• Hyghlandyr
    Hyghlandyr

Sally it depends on what he was dfed for. If it was something silly, like drinking once, telling a single lie, asking a question about doctrine he did not understand, heavy consensual petting with genital through the clothes contact, well he can expect it to be a long long time.

If however it was child molestation, then expect a quick reinstatement. (My sperm donor was reinstated after six months)

Let's see, three wives, seven concubines, nine slave girls, and twenty-seven black nazi female body guards. I've only got forty-five women to go and my cult is complete

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Happy Man said:

I was on spec eldermeting in 1999, and it was 2 days and the tema was ,and listen carfully, we must be harder when it comes to DFD, we have been to week and to mercy,if a person get drunk and some see him hee must be dfd,for exampel, no talking of mercy and love.

And the Jdubs call themselves Christian!!!

Will

Mark Twain

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit