A typical day in the life of an awaken JW

by suavojr 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

When I awoke, I was an elder, arranging "service" groups and talking to people at the door, conducting a study group (we still did that), giving public talks and midweek talks.

I have a loving JW wife, mother, in-law family.

While everyone is different, I had to end the madness for myself. Granted, I had unresolved issues that made it necessary to make changes in my life. But being myself was a priority. I faded rather quickly, and retained a good relationship with my wife and mother. (My in-laws live far away and respect me, possibly say things to my wife behind my back, but it hasn't really changed.)

Your path is working for you. I just hope the best for you and want others to know they can find their own path, also.

• suavojr
    suavojr

L3g

I am not an elder, I am just a ministerial servant/pioneer and getting grommed for the elder appointment which I am planning on declining. So at least I have never been in any JC situations, just my own jc 8 years ago.

OWO

It is very tough to do what I am doing but most of the time I block my mind at the KH. When I give a talk, I never talk about the FDS, org, 1914 etc. the day will come when I break my chains but my awakening occurred only 11 months ago, I am planning my exit and learning from all of you.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

11 months as a pioneer would be maddening to me. I suppose if you enjoy your day and get your time in mindless ways (coffee shop, library, beach) it could be tolerable.

I hope you manage to make your changes smoothly and in the near future.

Good luck.

• suavojr
    suavojr

You got it OTW! I know all the tricks to make it seem I am working, working, working for the WT. I am a 2nd gen JW and my wife as well, and my daughters are in. My parents and in-laws are all JW's, my dad an elder since 1985 and the list goes on with JW family both sides. I am the only one and first to wake up and we all know that if I leave now all hell will break loose. I am currently planning my exit and building my network of true friends outside the cult.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

That is what I hated about field service, that it was just a colossal waste of time, so inefficient. The only point to it seems to be that it is useful to keep everyone feeling guilty, because no matter how much you do it is never enough, and also to keep you too busy to think much or question anything.

• laverite
    laverite

I've seen a few 20 and 30-something JWs out and about in FS the past couple of weeks. When they walk door to door, they walk so slowly you'd think they were in a Matrix like slow-motion movie scene. It's rather hysterical to watch. Nothing urgent or "life saving" about it. It's all about wasting as much time in between houses. Bless their hearts. But at least, Suavojr, you find better ways to avoid talking to people. Good for you.

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

suavojr, my heart goes out to you. Like you yourself said, make friends outside of JW's. Is there really no family on either side that is not a JW? I had to expand my definition of "family"... even like third cousins lol... Come on man, you are Latino!! There must be lots... jajjaja

;)

Thankfully, I have almost my entire dad's side of the family who is not a JW. On my mom's side, we have the "strong ones" and lots of "weak ones"... but the "weak ones" for the most part I don't like them as JW or not so... it's my dad's family for now.

• L3G
    L3G

suavojr,

Thanks for the clarification, but you never answered by other question. Do you abide by the rule not to associate with DFed ones, especially those convicted of apostasy or who have disassoc. themsleves? That was one thing I just couldn't go along with and had to be real discreet. It was one of several reasons I faded. What about you?

And now that you've mentioned your own JC, do you care to share anything about that?

• suavojr
    suavojr

Sorry for not responding right away, I've been in search of a new job since my current job will end in 3 moths

LisaRose you said: keep you too busy to think much or question anything.

Not only does the WT keeps you busy, but they also condemn you if you look outside the WT sources and yet they can read secular material and comment about them in the WT studies, etc... That was the one thing that always bothered me and one day I finally broke the mental chains.

laverite

The truth is that the field service is a big waste of time because people do not want to be bothered and don't open the door. In my case I am happy that slowly I'm avoiding talking about lies.

ILoveTTATT

LOL! It is strange that the people that stay in touch with me after many years of not seeing them in person are all worldly people. What I have noticed while growing up in the Borg is how your so called friends and brothers never call you or try to find out how you are doing after you move from a congregation. It now screams CULT! How could I not see it, it's beyond me

L3G

Sorry for not clarifying. I used to obey every single word uttered by the WT charlatans but clearly after learning TTATT I was able to see the fallacy and inhumane action behind shunning.

About my JC... I have never shared my story yet but I think I will do it soon.

• jgnat
    jgnat

About profiling, I do that all the time, much to my daughter's chagrin. I see a young dude in an expensive car with tinted windows, and I mutter, "Drug dealer". My daughter goes ballistic. "How can you say that! You don't know!".

I set off hubby once, too. It was a beat-up blue pickup truck with a young man in dress shirt and tie. I muttered, "Jehovah's Witness". Hubby went mental. I hadn't noticed the young guy was smoking out his window. I muttered, "Sorry, Mormon."

For all those drivers who go one MPH below the speed limit and slow down and weave for no apparent reason, they are "I brake for squirrels." Don't tell me you don't know the type. They should come with bumper stickers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit