Sanctify Gods name

by Crazyguy 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

OK so thats what Jesus said we must do, so the question at hand is, does going around the world telling people that gods name is Jehovah does this really sanctify his name, really???? So if I went around my town and told every one that Satans name is Lucifer will this make satan holy? Is this what jesus was taking about JW's, think about it.

• rebel8
    rebel8

You're right. "Everyone will know my name" sounds like an adolescent fantasy about fame, from a person who has something to prove.

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

Good point.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Correct me if I am wrong , but where did jesus say his disciples were to sanctify his name ? If your reffering to the lords prayer " let your name be sanctified " NWT ,I dont see the connection. The onus is upon God to sanctify his own name . Which isnt jehovah anyway .

smiddy

• Shanagirl
    Shanagirl

Jesus never preached the name jehovah and it's not found in the New Testament. He preached the law of love which is Gods will the we love one another.

He was saying that the whole message of the Old Testament came down to loving one another and God. That's why He also said that He wasn't coming to abolish the old law, but to fulfill it.

If you love God and other people, you will by definition be following everything else that was taught as God's will for you.

Shana

• dqFreedom
    dqFreedom

WE DO NOT KNOW GOD'S NAME-

The Name Given US Above Every Other Name Through which We may gain Salvation is, Jesus. (or Yeshuah)

There is NO Name for God given to Us- Even the Patriarchs did not know a name for God.

yah jeh asher YHVH yeh adoni jah Are NOT Names- Holy Spirit told me this in my studies when I was Rock-Bottom Sick in the jw Cult.

Raymondus Martini Dominican Monk 1270 Created 'jehovah' as a name. The wbts admits this in writing-

DO you Trust a CATHOLIC to tell you Gods Name? When Jesus and the BIBLE does Not Say- and Abram, Moses and others did not Know.

Another Interesting thing about ""jeh"" as a Name- Ever notice how Demons are Deathly Affraid of Jesus Name- But No One Shys away from the 'name' "jeh" its in movies, songs, churches, graves, even in spiritism books, spells, and game boards.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

..............................Maybe God is a LumberJack!..

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lrzemgg3711qcd6cdo1_500.jpg

................................................................................................................ photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

"does going around the world telling people that gods name is Jehovah does this really sanctify his name, really????"

It's more than just that. Telling people that god's name is Jehovah and having a 120 year history of false prophecy is what sanctifies his name.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

I agree with Billy the Bethlite. I also find interesting that Jehovah put 'Babylon the Great' in charge of making sure that we have the Bible today. All those councils if the Catholic Church during the 4th century C.E. that canonized our current Bible. As JW's we accept that Jehovah preserved his WORD intact despite using 'false religion' to do the job. I wonder why Jehovah didn't see to it that his NAME was preserved down through the centuries. Is he ashamed of his name?

eyeuse2badub

• rebel8
    rebel8

Yes but isn't the "they will know my name is jehoopla" actually in the scriptures? And clearing up his name seems to be a big deal to him, for which he needs assistants. I thought this was actually in the bible. No?

Ever notice how Demons are Deathly Affraid of Jesus Name- But No One Shys away from the 'name' "jeh" its in movies, songs, churches, graves, even in spiritism books, spells, and game boards.

Can you elaborate? Where did this idea come from? I've never heard any of that in mythology, doctrine, etc. Interesting.

Further, we're operating on the assumption demons are real and care about the contents of songs, movies, gravestones, books and games. I'd be interested in knowing the source of that belief as well.

DO you Trust a CATHOLIC to tell you Gods Name?

Not any more or less than any other religious person. Everyone is pretty up-front about the fact that the monk made it up so we could have a word to refer to God. I don't see the problem. IIRC the monk is not claiming anything untrue.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit