Do You Still Wear "Meeting" Clothes?

by minimus 38 Replies latest jw friends

• FirstLastName
    FirstLastName

Sapphy's comment made me laugh and brought back memories or searching the mall for skirts long enough to be considered modest for meetings and assemblies.

The skirt had to cover your knees when you sat down. My mom always made me wear nylons. Heels were always practical. All of these fashion "rules" I do not follow anymore.

I wear suits to work now, but since I am a woman, they would not be appropriate for meetings.

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

I am allergic to suits, and refuse to wear them, even when I go to business meetings.

Sure, some may judge me in that situation, and not give me work, but if they did that

I would not want to work for them anyway.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Where do you guys go shopping? I have a beautiful Jones New York suit. I love it. The color, shape. It's a classic and looks nice on me.

It fact I was wearing it, while featuring a Brochure that had one of the sister's™ in the article wearing the same pretty business suit.

LoisLane

• wandasoo
    wandasoo

I threw all of my dresses and skirts along with my daughters and sons clothes all in the garbage. My children laughed all during the great garbage bag toss. We also threw away all of the literature hubby left behind, I poured bleach all over it and took it right to the street. Best day of my life.

• crmsicl
    crmsicl

So glad to dump all my longish skirts. Just bought a cute flirty dress to wear to a wedding in Vegas.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Even before I was a jw I had conservative tastes so ive kept all my meeting stuff and now wear it to work. I haven't had to buy work clothes in ages because of the big store of nice skirts n blouses. I have to dress modest for my work (teacher) and it was great to have a ready made wardrobe when I left jws. My hubby doesn't wear his suits anymore because he has no occasion to, though if we go to a nice restaurant or something he'll wear one of his jw dress shirts (never the white ones lol) with jeans. Looks great with his big bushy beard lol.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

blondie:

I haven't worn a skirt for a long time; I have gradually given away my dress clothes.

Sister Blondie! Surely you don't wear... pants/slacks!! How very shocking! Even worse if they're... denim.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Only for some interviews, it depends on what kind of job that I am applying for. I only have one suit. All of my old suits are history.

• Mr Fool
    Mr Fool

Cantleave, FBI next?

• factfinder
    factfinder

No.

I have no suits. My jackets no longer fit.

I hated getting dressed up. Never do now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit