Do You Still Wear "Meeting" Clothes?

by minimus 38 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I have dozens of suits. I still buy them . I wear ties sometimes too. (I just like the look).

I have 2 pairs of jeans and I feel like a fish out of water when I wear them.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Wear suit & tie to work. Hate it!!!

• minimus
    minimus

For a few years, ties were being worn less and less with suits. Suddenly I see TV personalities getting dressed up again.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I deliberately bought a new suit for an event so that I didn't have to wear anything from my JW days.

I virtually never wear a suit now.

• nugget
    nugget

no I gave it all to charity

• blondie
    blondie

Hubbie saved his best suit for interviews...had to buy a new one after he lost weight.

I haven't worn a skirt for a long time; I have gradually given away my dress clothes. I never invested in them very much.

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

I have 2 suits I bought long after leaving the JW's. Rarely wear a suit nowadays. Wore one last winter to a dinner my young female coordinator was the speaker at.

P.S....did not wear a tie.

• minimus
    minimus

I used to wear a tie to school, so I was tie geek.

• losingit
    losingit

I wear my meeting clothes to work and special events. Meeting clothes, and especially learning how to dress pretty and ladylike, are about the best thngs that came out of my jw days!

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

I threw out all but one suit. It was my newest one bought before fully fading. It’s the nicest suit I have ever owned. In the last 2 years since I left, I wore it once to a jdub funeral. I kept half a dozen button shirts and a few ties that go with the suit. I always hated wearing a tie with the top button buttoned. I actually got counseled for not having it buttoned before. I don’t mind wearing the suit, I just never have the need anymore.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit