Disneyland's: The Haunted Mansion. Is it for True Christians™ or is it full of Demonzzss and JW's should stay away?

by LoisLane looking for Superman 21 Replies latest jw friends

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9K4WJVmhI

Bro "Elder" took his family to Disneyland. The first day, he did not want them to go on this "demonic" ride. lol After a couple of days, of enjoying being in the "Magic" Kingdom, he said, Alright, we can go. His reasoning was, it is Disneyland, everything is mechanical, so no demonzzss , here. What an "A"...., he was ( is).

LoisLane

• hoser
    hoser

looks like fun!

• prologos
    prologos

like any fiction, fantacy, it is rediculous. Of course it is mechanical, but why pander to fears, particularly for children that do not discern bunk when they see, hear it?

I recall MA-N-Y years ago at their Anaheim CA installation to actually be shunted out of the darkness because the monitors could see our displeasure at the frightening attempts. their railsystem must have switches and exit ramps/doors for such contingencies.

go to the beaches instead.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Scaring people, is profitable.

How many of the 7 1/2 million JW's are SCARED of The Big "A", so they keep going, because they are scared NOT to be in "good standing"™ on that horrible day, where even some of those 7 1/2 million are told, they possibly are not doing enough in serving The GB, did not give enough time, money, sacrifice, money.

Other Christin religions scare their members with Hellfire and purgatory.

Same outcome, whether you are a Catholic or a Jehovah's Witness. A natural fear of the unknown thrown out of proportion by greedy men, living off of your fear and your money.

LoisLane

• blondie
    blondie

We know an elder that believes if it is Disney it is safe, no demons. He once said in a public talk that Disney was the closest thing to the kingdom/paradise on earth!!!!!

Witches in the story, Disney movie, it's fine; supernatural and it's ABC (owned by Disney) or Touchstone, fine by him.

• FirstLastName
    FirstLastName

This is one of the best rides at Disneyland (sorry - off subject)!

I will tell you that as an 8 year old, with an elder father and pioneer mom, they had no problem with us kids going on this ride. But I did know a family in our hall that was not allowed to watch the Wizard of Oz because there was a witch in the movie. I felt sorry for them.

• Dagney
    Dagney

I'm from the OC and Disneyland has been part of my whole life. I will say it wasn't until probably my 30's that I felt it was ok to go into the Haunted Mansion. Ridiculous I know...but it was how I was raised. I believe I was at Disneyland with other JW's who loved the ride when I decided to try it. Now it is absolutely part of the visit, when we can get in. It is a great ride with great imagination. And right now, Disney goes all out in clever decorations...it's great fun and just gorgeous.

As a JW, I so arrogantly thought I had "respect" for Satan's power and demonic power, I took a firm "stand" against anything remotely devilish. I have since taken that power away and so far, no repercussions...lol. It's just great fun.

Waves to (((Lois)))

Thinking about it...Wizard of Oz, Bewitched/Munsters wrong, Addams family/I Dream of Jeannie okay...all the fairy tales...the society just villlifies everything so a parent doesn't know what the heck to do...or he will displease Jah. And all the parent wants to do is the right thing for the family. It makes people out like idiots, one doing one thing, and another stumbled over it. sigh.

• DNCall
    DNCall

Before Disneyland went all out for Halloween, it was like any other day except that it was pretty empty since most people were involved in trick or treating. It became known as the perfect day for Witnesses to take their children to the "Magic Kingdom." We took our kids for a number of years in succession and ran into other Witnesses we hadn't seen for a long time. We would always go through the haunted house. Imagine the Hauted House full of Witnesses. That's pretty much what it was like.

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

A child can't be friends with God if he has a Sparlock doll.......how in the world can ANY Witness go to Disneyland period??? The Magic Kingdom?? Talking animals?? Faries? Witches?

Needless to say......HYPOCRITES

• designs
    designs

Disneyland, certain Rock albums, stuff you bought at garage sales, the list was long. I remember some sisters from the Whittier area (east of East Los Angeles) that loved to go and see the scariest movies they could find in the 60s, scary like pee in your pants scary stuff, great fun.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit