The 1914 generation is still going strong 100 years later - 2014 study article.

by THE GLADIATOR 443 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

On that note .....

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Fisherman,

I have.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

truthsseker post it or link it

• wasblind
    wasblind

jws teach that the "Kingdom of God" is not something that can be seen with a ruler "______Fisherman

" Why do Jehovah's Witnesses say that God's

Kingdom was established in 1914 ?

" What happened at that time ? Jehovah entrusted rulership over mankind to his own son , Jesus glorified in the heavens "____Reasoning from the scriptures Book page 97

" If that's the case then anyone could measure it "_____Fisherman

" Why do Jehovah's Witnesses say that it was in 1914 that " the last days " began ?

The year 1914 is marked ( " Measured " )by Bible prophecy. For details regaurding the chonology, see pages 95-97, under the main heading "Dates". The correctness of the date is shown by the fact that world conditions foretold to mark ( "Measure ") this time period have come to pass since 1914 exactly as foretold."____Reasoning from the scriptures Book page 239

Fisherman How can you defend the craziness of the WTS ?

/

/

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Fisherman,

Studies in the Scriptures Series III - Thy Kingdom Come

Published 1891

"The Time of the End," Or "Day of his Preparation"

The "Time of the End," a period of one hundred and fifteen (115) years, from A.D. 1799 to A.D. 1914, is particularly marked

in the Scriptures. "The Day of His Preparation" is another name given to the same time period, because in it a general

increase of knowledge, resulting in discoveries, inventions, etc. paves the way to the coming Millenium of favor, making ready

the mechanical devices which will economize labor, and provide the world in general with time and conveniences, which under

Christ's reign of righteousness will be a blessing to all.

The last forty years of the Time of the End is called the "End" or "Harvest" of the Gospel age, as we read, "The Harvest is the END of the age."

Though our information pointing out the date of this period is unfurnished in Daniel's prophecy, we know that he understood nothing at all

concerning it, as he said: "I heard but I understood not." In answer to his anxious inquiries he was told that the words were closed up and

sealed until The Time of the End.

It follows, therefore, that no one could understand the prophecy before 1799; and before leaving the subject we shall show that the prophecy

indicates that it would not begin to be understood before 1829, nor reach a clear unfolding until 1875.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Studies in the Scriptures Series III - Thy Kingdom Come

Published 1891

page 228 Deliverance of the Church

"Just how long after 1914 the last living members of the body of Christ will be glorified, we are not directly informed, but it certainly will not be until their work in the flesh is done; nor can we reasonably presume that they will long remain after that work is accomplished."

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

in the watchtower january 15th 1966 page 39 it says,

'visible sign follows after and results from the invisible "sign of the Son of man," since it is composed of the many events and conditions that the Bible foretold would follow and result from the establishment of Christ's Kingdom rule.' (underllining is mine)

the "sign of the Son of man" that is quoted is from verse 30 i believe something that i think is now in the future so i don't know what they discerned.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Truth Seeker,

Assuming, that what you posted is loyal to the original (no reason to doubt and accepted in good faith), the author seems to be attempting to interpret part of the book of Daniel, and seems to apply the interpretation to a time period ending in 1914. But it says nothing that Christ returned prior to 1914. At least, I do not see it. It highlights 1914. Thanks for the post. TD and I are trying to focus on the "sign" of Christ's presence as prophesied by Jesus in the Olivet discourse, in our dialogue relating to the theme of this thread.

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

Like this one Fisherman.....

"We would like to correct this misapprehension once for all, by stating that we do not expect Jesus to come this year, nor any other year, for we believe that all time prophecies (bearing upon Jesus' coming) ended at and before the fall of 1874, and that He came there, and the second advent is now in progress and will continue during the entire Millennial age." (Zion's Watch Tower May 1881 p. 5)

There are many more

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

"Bible prophecy shows that the Lord was due to appear for the second time in 1874. Fulfilled prophecy shows beyond a doubt that he did appear in 1874. Fulfilled prophecy is otherwise designated the physical facts: and these facts are indisputable." (The Watch Tower November 1, 1922 p. 333)

"The year A.D. 1878, being the parallel of his assuming power and authority in the type, clearly marks the time for the actual assuming of power as King of kings, by our present, spiritual, invisible Lord the time of his taking to himself his great power to reign." (Thy Kingdom Come (1891) p 307)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit