"Apostates" Who Return To Their Own Vomit

by minimus 63 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Once you realize TTATT, how can anyone with half a brain, go back??

• undercover
    undercover

I just posted this on another thread, about SlimBoyFat going back:

A few people have wondered how one could post here for so long, act as if you're leaving/fading and then do a 180 and go back. I know a couple of people who are still active and pretending to be faithful dubs, yet are fully awakened to the lie that is "the Truth". What I've noticed is that when they spend so much time associating with those people (JWs), they are still influenced by them, even when they don't truly believe in the doctrine. Their world view can be skewed by their constant indoctrinal talks, meetings, asseblies, etc.

If you're one of those people, there comes a time when you either are going to go crazy, trying to pretend you're something you're not, or you make a change away from the insanity of living a lie. So you have two basic choices: 1. You leave. You finally pull the trigger, cut the cord, break it off, whatever. You take a stand AGAINST the WTS and you move on with your life, chips falling where they may. Or - 2. You give up and you give in. You can't fight em. Your family outnumbers you. They're stronger. They win. You go back and give it your all. It happens.

• Simon
    Simon

I think if you have half a brain it probably helps.

But seriously, it depends if people are free to make their own decision or not and everyone has to weight up their own circumstances and family issues.

So, I don't think it's fair to suggest people are dumb for going back. I imagine it's very unpleasant having to live a lie in order to keep family contacts.

• darth frosty
  • Stand for Pure Worship
    Stand for Pure Worship

Not to mention disgustingly judgemental, Simon.

• cantleave
    cantleave

I really think SBF, if he has gone back, has done so for family reasons. Once you have woken up there could be no other reason.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Not to mention disgustingly judgemental, Simon.

Observational not judgemental.

• LucidChimp
    LucidChimp

I guess some people love the truth more than "The Truth".

Some love their family more than the truth.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Imgine how hard it must be to have half a brain and yet be forced back via threats and emotional family blackmail from a local member of the Brooklyn Enforcers (elders).

• blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit