New 1975? Jan 1st WT 2014

by notsurewheretogo 66 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Ancientofdays
    Ancientofdays

Not to mention that at paragraph 15 there is a blatant lie :

"The first group was on hand in 1914, and they readily discerned the sign of Christ’s presence in that year."

Unless by saying "readily discerned" they mean 20 years later ...

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/126109/1/1914-Quotes-that-mislead-the-reader#.Umk6xlPYA8U

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The reason JWs are so pliable and easy to manipulate is that the WTS. instills an assertive amount of fear into their heads

as a controlling mechanism to brainwash people. That firstly attracts people to their articles then further acts to lock them in

as a means of sustainability.

They put out the information to feed the flock so to speak and the flock gullibility eats it up and says "Thank You".

The inherent responsibility of the GB head writers is to keep the readership of their literature intact and on a continuing basis.

Most people know what the WTS. puts out is commercialized and fraudulent bullshit but there are some who simply don't.

• besty
    besty

"The first group was on hand in 1914, and they readily discerned the sign of Christ’s presence in that year."

weasel words

It doesn't specifically say the first group discerned the sign during the year 1914.

It does say they were on hand in 1914.

It could be construed to mean that the 'readily discerning' took place at a later date.

It hinges on whether the reader relates the "in that year" to "the sign of Christs presence" or to the timing of the "readily discerning"

• Ancientofdays
    Ancientofdays

weasel words

yes, they use to.

Italian version of article translates "readily" with "prontamente" , which is "promptly" or "istantly" . That's why I consider it a lie.

I think "readly" in english may offer a variety of meanings (eg: "easly") which make statement ambiguos, and not totally false.

• kaik
    kaik

I see that they new deadline is proposed, which is either 2034 or 2039 (1919+120). They will come with explanation of time between 1914-2014. Since the Parousia is invisible, while Revelation 1:7 says that every eye will see him, the WT will come up with some interesting explanation.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Just reading those two paragraphs really makes it plainly stupid their idea of overlapping Generations means 'This Generation',I don't think a fourth grader would think they could get that one past over on anybody. Could this go down as one of the stupidest explanations ever???

• kaik
    kaik

The best feature of overlapping generations is that you can stack many of them, one after another as century after century moves 1914 into distant past!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit