New 1975? Jan 1st WT 2014

by notsurewheretogo 66 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• designs
    designs

They'll dance up to the line and then add qualifiers, its a game and they have to play it.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

The point is in the Jan edition they state, on record, that the second group of anointed who overlap the first group were not only born but were anointed when members of the first group were on the earth...

So it's NOT an overlapping generation on birth but on being anointed making the overall two generations overlapping smaller and since the WT states the second group are already "in advanced years" it means then that to a beliving dub that the Big A is practically in the next year or two...

This WT will not stand the test of time, even for a few years because they would have it change it....again.

And I agree...Mark Sanderson cannot be in this group.

John Barr was born in 1913 and even if he was anointed at 18 that would have been in 1931...so Mark Sanderson mixing with him doesn't count as the two groups overlapping...John Barr was not anointed in or around 1914...

It needs to be those who were anointed who understood the birth of the kingdom and actually witnessed 1914 overlap with those who were anointed whilst these first group were on the earth.

So John Barr would have in fact being part of the second group if he witnessed the Great Tribulation.

Surely that doesn't leave that many on the earth and if they are they must ber very old.

This explanation of the "generation" is getting wilder and wilder...

• pixel
    pixel

"We understand that in mentioning “this generation,” Jesus was referring to two groups of anointed Christians."

Jus this line tells you this is not the true religion. When reading the Bible, they change this (1) to these (2).

Discusting WT!

• sir82
    sir82

I'm pretty sure they intend to place Freddy Franz, who died in 1992, as the "last link" to the first half of the 2-group generation.

He was baptized in 1913, and so presumably would have been anointed in time to "witness" the "invisible events" 1914.

So anyone who got anointed in 1992 or earlier would still fit their convoluted definition of the "one generation".

Sanderson is 47, and would have been age 27 in 1993. It's a stretch, but he could have begun partaking of the emblems that young.

So that seems to push Armageddon out for at least another 30-40 years.

Although, given that it appears Sanderson hasn't missed too many meals, and his exercise regimen appears to consist of rolling out of bed in the morning, he may not make it much past 70. Even so, that's well over 20 more years.

• fredPotato
    fredPotato

2034 is the date! 120 years after 1914 just as mentioned on the December 15th 2003 article of the Watchtower (italics mine):

Warned of “Things Not Yet Beheld”

6 In Noah’s day, Jehovah declared: “My spirit shall not act toward man indefinitely in that he is also flesh. Accordingly his days shall amount to a hundred and twenty years.” (Genesis 6:3) The issuance of this divine decree in 2490 B.C.E. marked the beginning of the end for that ungodly world. Just think what that meant for those then living! Only 120 years more and Jehovah would bring “the deluge of waters upon the earth to bring to ruin all flesh in which the force of life is active from under the heavens.”—Genesis 6:17.

7 Noah received the warning of the upcoming catastrophe decades in advance, and he wisely used the time to prepare for survival. “After being given divine warning of things not yet beheld,” says the apostle Paul, “[Noah] showed godly fear and constructed an ark for the saving of his household.” (Hebrews 11:7) What about us? Some 90 years have passed since the last days of this system of things began in 1914. We are certainly in “the time of the end.” (Daniel 12:4) How should we respond to warnings we have been given? “He that does the will of God remains forever,” states the Bible. (1 John 2:17) Now is therefore the time to do Jehovah’s will with a keen sense of urgency.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

This is one of the more nonsensical "explanations" of prophecy to come out of Brooklyn in a while. Rather than "clarifying" anything, it only further obfuscates things.

Clearly, according to the above quoted WT article, Sanderson canNOT be of the "second group" mentioned in the WT article. But he is somehow still supposedly part of the FDS that will be raptured before Armageddon. It's internally contradictory and incoherent.

The more they try to elucidate this doctrine, the more they hopelessly tangle the knot. The GB and their ghost writers have completely lost the thread; indeed, I'm not sure they ever had it.

The only explanation that makes any sense is that they know that if they deliberately make it confusing, most R&F J-dubs will keep silent.

The GB

• Simon
    Simon

They are so wrapped up in their own make believe interpretations that they forget the point of the scripture.

The disciples wanted to know WHEN something was going to happen and what to look out for. If all Jesus gave was some vague, senseless riddle then what was the point? They twist the bible to suit their own agenda and throw their Messiah under the bus to cover up their own errors.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Sir82: Sanderson is 47, and would have been age 27 in 1993. It's a stretch, but he could have begun partaking of the emblems that young.

"Today, those in this second group are themselves advancing in years." - WT, January 15, 2014

Although "advancing in years" technically fits anyone alive, it's hard to imagine anyone could understand this phrase to include anyone in their 40s.

Nevertheless, it's crucial to keep in mind that this nonsense was brought to us by the same folks that think using the word "evidently" is the same thing as actually supplying evidence and that a Jesus meant anything other than the ordinary meaning of the word "generation" when he used it.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

It's the same crap as " the end will come in YOUR lifetime!" Who's lifetime? My 80 year old Father's lifetime, the 16 year old Home-school graduate/pioneer's lifetime?! The new baby in the KH?!

There are so many problems. The dummining of the JWs is all that keeps the business running. So is Sanderson in the "generation" or not? How do the GB and WT writers know when someone received their annointing? What if we are talking about me, for example? Let's say I was hanging a picture in the bathroom and slipped and hit my head on the sink. When I awoke, not only did I invent the flux-capacitor, but I knew that I should partake. Instead of telling everyone, I remained silent, "making sure of all things" so as not to make a mistake and partake if I was not worthy. My public partaking would have no bearing on the time of my anointing. So how in the world could anyone say if I was part of the "generation" or not?

If you can't answer that, then how can you possibly have basis for saying the END is near? What they may do is further "adjust" the view by saying that the generation only applies to the FDS, and NOT other anointed ones. They can narrow the field by saying that the "generation" are only those at world headquarters who provide spiritual food. This could make Sanderson seem more legit, and simultaneously cast doubt upon any new partakers. Any 30-40 year old will be automatically thrown in the same category as old Sister Cat-lady partaker. You won't be taken seriously. If you speak out against any corruption, then your fate is sealed.

What they have done is come up with a way to 1) create urgency 2) set a nebulous date/soon 3) planted the thought that genuine anointed are older, except Sanderson. I used to think they were deluded and bumbling, and lucky. Now I believe they are brilliant and evil.

DD

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

No wonder they want people's IQ's in the single digits. According to their own LIE-ble, is the word supposed to be that difficult to understand? Right in their own LIE-ble, doesn't it say that the load was light? Then why are they complicating it to make it difficult to understand? This is typical of joke-hova and all that thing has created and done to enslave the people--make things intentionally difficult for the average Gentile to understand. They do this with the sick care law. They did that with that S-510 law. They do that with company policies where rules embedded in 50-page sections are designed to be oppressive. They do that with return policies in stores everywhere. They do that with religious doctrine, in all xian and muslim (and Jewish, for the record) denominations. Rules that take pages and pages to explain are the norm.

They do this to hide the oppressive nature of things. It is easier to understand what you're in for if they simply say "Entertainment is hereby banned" than if they bury it in a whole 15-page resolution and make it vague. It is easier to understand that you will be microchipped if they plainly mention it than if it is on pages 1000-1008 of a 235,000 page bill and in vague language. It is easier to understand that your generation will not see joke-hova perfecting anything if it is plain that "a generation" refers to those who were around to hear about it in 33 CE and that it happened in 70 CE than if they keep changing things with vague and confusing reiterations of "a generation".

If it takes 1,600 pages to make the statement "You Gentiles are my slaves, and you are not to follow Satan to your salvation", then something sneaky is going on. Why does it take 1,600 pages of mostly rubbish to make this point? Why are Talmud, LIE-ble, and Quran all about 98% rubbish intended to be boring to conceal this point? And why does the government need to take this tack--50,000 page bills of vague and dry language to make a simple statement "If you don't buy our sickness insurance, you are going to be fined"? And why do companies need 50 pages to define "looking at the opposite sex" as sexual harassment, in vague terms that the average sheep finds difficult to understand? Maybe it's time to dump Abrahamic religion if it's going to be this confusing--and the washtowel, too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit