What are you NOT allowed to say as a Jehovahs Witness?

by The Quiet One 81 Replies latest jw experiences

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

Feel free to express any problems you may have with the Governing Body's latest teaching, they're only imperfect men at the end of the day..

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Thank god!

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Thank god it is friday!

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

"Instead of going out clubbing like all the other teenage guys in this wicked world, guess what I did last night? I visited that 90 year old sister, you know her.. the one who never has a bath, with the gammy legs and a wart that could have brought down the Titanic? Well, we spent hours playing dominoes and Scrabble, looking through old scrapbooks and listening to her favourite records.. unchaperoned. I know, I know, but it's not how it sounds!! The front door was left open at all times, I swear to God!.. What, I'm not supposed to say that either??... It seems like whatever I do I'm screwed.."

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

*tumbleweed*.. Ok, I won't give up the dayjob to become a comedian, then. Before I slink away with my tail between my legs..

A witness cannot say: "Russell was the faithful and discreet slave"

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

Human Being... (only God is a Being)

• Sittingstraight1212
    Sittingstraight1212

Praise god

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

You can't say heck, gosh, or darn, they are euphemisms for worse things. If you hit your thumb with a hammer, you are allowed to say "Oh peanut butter" , but only if an elder does not hear you.

You can't say "bless you", because that would men you believe that Satan can enter your body when you sneeze, thus making you better than everybody else, who think it is a harmless social pleasantry.

Happy Birthday, Merry Christmas, you cannot be merry or happy like the heathens

Good luck, we don't want any of that.

Church. We don't go to "church", like everyone else, we go to the "meeting" at the "Kingdom Hall", a church is a group of people, not a building, but we don't have that, we call them congregations, so the word church is banned. Thank God, (oops strike that, thank goodness) we are so much better than everyone else in not using the word church. Oops, forgot, we don't say "thank goodness".

• crmsicl
    crmsicl

Today, in a store, I sneezed. A stranger from somewhere nearby said "Bless You". JW's can't say bless you.

AND if some unenlightened person should shamelessly bless you...Don't dare say "Thank You".

Today, it felt so good to say Thank You to the unseen person.

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

I still haven't been able to bring myself to say "bless you" when coworkers sneeze. Probably more to do with the fact that I'm closer to atheist now than anything else and can't stand supporting any superstition, especially the knocking on wood one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit