What are you NOT allowed to say as a Jehovahs Witness?

by The Quiet One 81 Replies latest jw experiences

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

"one of the bible study was listening and singing the song by Jason Mraz titled lucky with the chorus going like this;
    'I'm lucky I'm in love with my best friend.
    Lucky to have been where I have been.
    Lucky to be coming home again.
    Lucky we're in love in every way.
    Lucky to have stayed where we have stayed.
    Lucky to be coming home someday..'
    and she was told not to listen and sing because of the word lucky in the chorus..."

"We had a DO include in his part on the CA about not using those types of expressions while texting. He particularly mentioned that we should NOT use 'OMG' while texting."

http://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/11484-words-we-dont-use/

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Can we say **** and **** ?

If not, I shalll say ****** out loud !

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

Salud! (or Bless You!)

• jgnat
    jgnat

I have doubts.

• jgnat
    jgnat

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/leeannwomack/ihopeyoudance.html

In this song, I'd say, "God forbid", Heavens, and Hell

• sieborg
    sieborg

I am Gay (Athough i am not gay just to be clearon that, although theres nothing wrong with that lifetyle choice if you are into that sort of thing)

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

How about, " the Watchtower magazine contains errors, and the GB are not my leaders "....

I knew parents who would not let their children say "awesome", because only JEHOVAH (tm) is awesome. One kid went off the deep end and was DF'd. Control FREAKS!!

DD

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

' Our heavenly father Yahweh, thank you for the meeting we have enjoyed this evening, and the timely spiritual...'
    *sound of scuffle as man is dragged off the platform*

• Bruja-del-Sol
    Bruja-del-Sol

Being a teenager I wasn't allowed to sing the song from Irene Cara, "Fame"... because of the phrase "I'm gonna make it to heaven"...

And 'bless you' after sneezing wasn't allowed either, toasting with a glass of wine wasn't and congratulating someone with their birthday wasn't allowed nor receiving birthday wishes on your own birthday. Oh and don't forget the New Year's wishes... I recall when I was seventeen working at an office and the new year had just started. After a couple of days off we came back in the office and everybody started shaking hands and kissing each other and wishing each other their wishes for the upcoming year... and I just stood there, nearly paralized, hands behind my back, sheepishly smiling and praying they would leave me alone. It was all so embarrassing...

• KateWild
    KateWild

We can't tell the JC that they are wrong about our heart conditon.

Kate xx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit