a list of good movies/tv shows to get a JW to think

by nonjwspouse 48 Replies latest social entertainment

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Mamochan, it is a chance I take. I know I can't process the thoughts for him. I can only hope he will allow doubts to arise.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

" to get a JW to think", ah, there is the insurmountable difficulty.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

Swingkids

Nazi Germany and propaganda

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Good one rattigan, but that's a bit tough to just say "hey lets watch this one about Hitler youth propeganda" haha... Jgnaut, the amish thing on TV now that might be doable.

I watched part of it out of curiosity and was pretty flabbergasted. When first hearing of that reality show I was in disbelief thinking it had to be a joke. I asked " So what does the Amish Mafia do, hold people down and cut off their beards?" I laughed at the time, but found out later that was a serious answer! HA!

Phizzy, thinking is a very difficult task. I am chipping away at it because I am married to the man, I love him, I want our family to remain intact, and I want him to believe in himself, not in a cult leadership.

Exausting is not even close to describing the effort involved.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Thank you Jim I will add these to my ongoing list.

It is all in how the JW is able to percieve, and that is the big question mark. The best I can do is provide chances for dissonasnce.

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

How about Sesame Street..No wait, for a male JW that may be too taxing. And it looks as though they've already got to Elmo.. (no disrespect by the way, I'm trying to heal with humour)
    http://jwtalk.net/forums/uploads/converted_files/132486=7395-jw-elmo.jpg

• Legacy
    Legacy

Hi,

I have watched so many sci-fi movies where society is controlled by this invisible God...one movie or was it a book that when they would thank some one they would say...Don't thank me Thank UNI...When the story comes to a close...it's really just a bunch of ole men running the show...does sound like something we all know about...The ORG. I really don't think there is too many shows or movies that will get a witness to think. There has to be a common denominator of what type of people are attracted to the truth...did they think before they were witnesses, were they selfish before the were witnesses, did they have trouble putting up with others before they were witnesses, were they complainy, were they depressed ? All if these things should be looked at.

My first bible conductor has told me, she only reads what she is told to read...Many of times I have tried to plant a seed, once I said, well the end is soon & yet babies are still being born, I think the conversation started with a little boy in NYC is still missing now it's almost 4 weeks & she says with all this going on no wonder why Jehovah wants to end this system. That's when I said, well the end maybe soon, yet there babies being born everyday, so God will have to kill more folks the longer this system continues...I didn't want to tell her, if a loving God is sick of this system why is he allowing so many babies to be born because eventually he will have to kill them...I told her this early in the AM via IM (messaging), the next time I heard from her, she was out the door..She does that alot when I say something to make her think, she does not get back to me the next thing I know, she has gone home. A friend that is a xWitness says, she's not ready for the truth...

So all that to say, sure all these movies & books may make a witness think, & that's all they will do, take it in & let it go...They are addicted to the ORG., for many it is their life...& like most humans....Witnesses want to be the chosen ones...but God is not partial...

Legacy

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

I'm adding "Not Easily Broken" to this list... only because of the effects the WTS seems to have on relationships. The mother-in-law personifies the WTS.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

the best movie ever :Courgaous

• jgnat
    jgnat

Watching a movie right now that dramatizes religious indoctrination. Hubby is rapt. Rain (1937).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit