Goodbye JWD/JWN (my last post)

by slimboyfat 406 Replies latest jw friends

• adamah
    adamah

JWFacts said-

I have to agree with Farkel. There is no way that with the way SBF reasons, and what he has written here in the past, that he thinks the Watchtower teaches the truth. It is just attention grabbing. And it worked. I doubt I would get 13 + pages written if i said I was going back.

Who said you HAVE to be a true believer to be a JW? I dare say many JWs are only going thru the motions and know it's BS, but continue to do so simply as it's the path of least resistance, and they don't want to risk the consequences or be forced to make a decision which SBF had to make. Many others will rationalize like Simon Peter, who said, "but who else speaks of life? Where else would I go?"

Adam

• smiddy
    smiddy

WOW is SBF going for a guiness book of records here ? 13 pages and 16520 posts ?

Their definetly is some hidden agenda here were not seeing .

He is probably laffin his ass off right now .

smiddy

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Thanks for the 1000's of topics you posted AGAINST the Witnesses....you no doubt helped many hundreds including me and my wife to leave...I now have my own buisness and feeling like im not a windowcleaner looser THANKS TO YOU DUDE. Oh good luck with Jonestown and the coolaid Cong. I hope you dont need a blood transfusion in the future because......oh you know why dude YOU taught me all I know! Peace man...like in the Matrix movie...you chose not to take the pill and be a battery for the Watchtower.

• ProfCNJ
    ProfCNJ

I am stunned with SBF's farewell post. Could it be possible that his account here was hacked? I smell something strange.

• jemba
    jemba

Wow its been 6 days, where are you SBF? Are you having a laugh? I cant believe for a moment that this is a serious post.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

also agreeing with JWfacts and Farkel, SBF seemed to be trolling for some time now, sometimes promoting the viewpoint that the WTS is full of crap and now he is saying its the truth again, and had this obsession that they are the biggest and fastest growing cult

• gingerbread
    gingerbread

Maybe SBF is conducting a shunning experiment - for the lurkers, faders and would-be-if-I-could-be leavers.

Maybe this experiment is an attempt 'trick' the currently active members of JWN into showing their true personalities - to expose how their post-JW mindset is still judgemental and condemnatory.

Maybe SBF is really a conceptual artist.

ginger

• Captain Blithering
    Captain Blithering

Best of luck dude.

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

SBF was never afraid to say what he wanted about others posts so I think he has to expect the same will happen to him.

On a message board that deals with people in all phases of leaving the borg it can do some serious harm by stating what he stated in the opening of this thread. Imagine someone who has been lurking for a few days and they see his words about being wrong etc. etc. etc. that person who was mentally on the way out is now possibly pushed back to the org because after all this guy left and is now regretting it. SO maybe the guy who was about to get out of the abusive cult known as the watchtower with his wife and kids is now pushed back in out of fear and what he read.

Had SBF just left silently it would have been far better than leaving this long sermon about how grand the watchtower is and how dangerous the thinking here is. He could have jsut simply said, "Guys I have decided I need to take a break for awhile and sort things out".

I wish the guy the best, I hope he is going to be happy. However if he is still dealing with people who FORCE him to write things on a message board that he may not feel - I highly doubt his life is going to improve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Notice how much better his exit would have been if the text in bold was just not there

After some considerable thought I have decided that I will no longer post on this forum because I want to return to Jehovah. Thank you for all the kindness and many interesting discussions over the years. I wish you all well in the future and the decisions you make. But as I suspect many realise I have never really fit in here. It took a very long time for me to be swayed by apostate viewpoints and I have ultimately decided not to pursue that line of thought any further. I have said sorry to Jehovah and the congregation and hope he can forgive me so I can pursue what is the best way of life on earth. There is no hope outside of the truth. Only when you consider leaving do you realise how true that is. Jehovah is a loving God who can forgive even the worst sins.

After some considerable thought I have decided that I will no longer post on this forum. Thank you for all the kindness and many interesting discussions over the years. I wish you all well in the future and the decisions you make. But as I suspect many realise I have never really fit in here.

• Comatose
    Comatose

Spot on confusedandalone.

"I wish the guy the best, I hope he is going to be happy. However if he is still dealing with people who FORCE him to write things on a message board that he may not feel - I highly doubt his life is going to improve"

sad but true

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit