Bro at table set up wouldn't answer question (but still counted his time)

by ShirleyW 20 Replies latest jw friends

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I asked when they would start offering gray Bible and she said two weeks, then the only Bro at the table saw my headphones in my hand started in by saying " I see you're plugged in, do you have a smartphone? To which I said no, because I just had a feeling that must've been a new angle to tell folks about the new Bible app.The Sis said they would start offering it in two weeks The Bro goes on to mention that you can download the app and you get the Bible in five different languages and mentions some other stuff you can do onthe app, I said all this technology reminds when the Society admonished you all to stay away from the interenet about 25 years ago . . . . you should've seen his face, he was smiling but was thinking "how does show know" behind that smile. He said well we still warn the folks to be wary, then I said but now you can use your IPads at the meetings, he still had that confused smile on his face and said, well some folks do but it's an individual matter . . .I said again I'm just amazed that 25 years ago you were warned to stay away and now Jehovah said you can use it, can you explain that to me? HE said the best way to find out the answer to that is to pray to Jehovah, I said if I pray to him he will answer me about the internet? You can't answer that question, he said he couldn't and that I should pray to Jah for the answer. BTW somewhere in between all this he did ask if I was a Sister and I said no. I said you're out here today preaching but when asked a quqestion you can't answer? He gave that fake smile again and said that I approached him in a critical way, I said to him that he was speaking louder than I was and to point out anything I've said that wasn't true and I would gladly take back that statement. . . he said Well, that's not the point and whatever else his mind could muster up in it's confused state. I said once again you're out here preaching today but you cannot answer my questions and that I should pray? He said yes. I said Oh, OK I got where you're coming from (which is a mind controlled brain) and walked away. I forgot to mention if they were aware of the mistake in Numbers in the Bible and if he thought Jehovah could see all things, to which I'm sure he wou ld've said yes, so I could've said that he sees you here not answering questions and told me to pray to Jah about the internet !

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I INSERTED PARAGRAPH BREAKS, BUT THEY DIDN'T SHOW UP !

• LoisLane looking for Superman
  • stillin
    stillin

Try again, surely. I have a habit of not proof reading until after I've posted. So I use the pencil thingy all the time

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Earlier I made a post with paragraph breaks that ended up posting as a wall like that. I had to edit it and add extra breaks so there was an empty line between each paragraph. That did the trick for me.

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

Fight or flight, and obviously he chose flight.

I can still remember that Awake magazine warning about the information super highway...the one with the dark background and lines. Now they're saying something else... hypocrites.

• tornapart
    tornapart

Shirley, what's the mistake they made in Numbers?

• designs
    designs

Its not ok until Mother says its ok

• steve2
    steve2

Shirley, good thing you moved on from the amoeba because to keep arguing with one doesn't reflect well on your intelligence .

• factfinder
    factfinder

We have to remember that this new gb is in charge now and they are not adhering to the things the first gb did.

They want to do things their own way and bring glory to themselves. So they don't care if older issues condemned the internet or anything else they are doing.

But it is good you brought it up to the witnesses you spoke to Shirley.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit