Bro at table set up wouldn't answer question (but still counted his time)

by ShirleyW 20 Replies latest jw friends

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I'm just logging on again since I posted, so my time to edit for paragraphs is way over

Tornapart - It was posted here a few times that in Numbers I think the 33rd chapter has an error on the top right page listing the verses from the other page or something

I forgot to mention above, when I asked him for the second time if he could explain why it's OK to use the interent now but 25 years ago Dubs were told to stay away from, he started out by saying, "you know, Jesus and the Pharisees". . . I cut him off right there and said I didn't ask you about Jesus and the Pharisees, I was asking why does the Society now say it's OK to use the internet? (to which posted above he refused to answer)

• tiki
    tiki

that is so pathetic....they really can't see the forest for the trees, can they....

• emeth
    emeth

25 yrs ago there was no internet for the general public. Besides that the way internet should be used or viewed upon is still the same as it always was.

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

cool story. you went up to some witnesses to intentionally be a dick. i guess that doesn't make you much better than the jw's themselves.

• Listener
    Listener

You obviously don't find it offensive Barrold Bonds because you've just done the same thing but you've gone one step further by breaking this boards guidelines and labelling someone by a very nasty name.

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

Your arguing over a year emeth. The internet became publicly available 6 August 1991.

That's 24 years ago..

• goddidit
    goddidit

I'd love to see that Awake. Does anyone have the month & year?

ShirlyW, great work. I hope you keep doing that. It might make a few of the people think.

• emeth
    emeth

@goddidit there is no such awake. The first Awake that was about internet is 7/22/1997

@Dis-Member As far as i know the internet was for universities and business till 1993 and it lasted till 1996 before it made a breakthrough among the general public. I was one of the pioneers in my own country (the netherlands one of the most internet & high speed penetrated countries on earth), that was in 1995

In 1991 the world wide web project was started and had still to be developed. In 1993 the first webbrowser Mosaic was made. See for example this chart from wikipedia that shows the internet users during time... ask yourself why the chart begins in 1996

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/29/Internet_users_per_100_inhabitants_ITU.svg/800px-Internet_users_per_100_inhabitants_ITU.svg.png

• emeth
    emeth

@Dis-Member On October 24, 1995, the FNC unanimously passed a resolution defining the term Internet. This definition was developed in consultation with members of the internet and intellectual property rights communities. RESOLUTION: The Federal Networking Council (FNC) agrees that the following language reflects our definition of the term "Internet". "Internet" refers to the global information system that -- (i) is logically linked together by a globally unique address space based on the Internet Protocol (IP) or its subsequent extensions/follow-ons; (ii) is able to support communications using the Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) suite or its subsequent extensions/follow-ons, and/or other IP-compatible protocols; and (iii) provides, uses or makes accessible, either publicly or privately, high level services layered on the communications and related infrastructure described herein.

see for more history of the internet www.internetsociety.org/internet/what-internet/history-internet

• emeth
    emeth

@Dis-Member the moment in 1991 that you talk about was when Tim Berners-Lee invented the WWW in Switzerland. But at that time the general public did not have a clue for some years of what it was and how to use it. So next time,.. please get your facts straight Dis Member

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit