Just stumped 2 Elders! Lol

by El_Guapo 45 Replies latest jw friends

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

Love it! LOL! Good job on that one El_Guapo!
    I use that one... hehe.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Well done El Guapo ! I think it is the Achilles Heel of the WT, much more than all their doctrinal errors etc.

To point out to them, and make them actually face up to the reality, that their cult acts in an unchristian way simply to keep people entrapped within it, is far more disturbing to their self-satisfied feeling than challenging their teachings.

Actions speak louder than words, as they know, and their actions in regard to shunning condemn them.

You raised their Cognitive Dissonance to screaming level !

• KariOtt
    KariOtt

Awsome.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Well played El_Guapo. IMHO the more people who confront JWs in FS about shunning exJWs for no longer believing that the WTBTS has the "Truth" the better. Of course this would not work well when said to family and friends.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• losingit
    losingit

That's great El Guapo! Next time I bump into JWs preaching, I won't beat around the bush. I'll hit them right in their own dump-- just like you did :-)

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

Excellent! Thanks for the example that literally anyone can use.

• whathappened
    whathappened

"Have a good day" is about the only thing they could say. They are indeed a cult but won't admit it.

• El_Guapo
    El_Guapo

I would have gotten great praise at the TMS. I made eye contact, used an an example (young one with a farming background trying out city life) and used a reasoning question. Great job, brother El Guapo! Lol

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I bet that will get the younger one thinking. There really is no good defense of the Watchtower practice of tearing up families for no better reason than some don't want to be JWs any more.

• adamah
    adamah

LOL! The ol' "OK, we gotta go now..." defense.

I saw a few JW's walking down the street yesterday, and it was almost a sad sight; two older brothers who likely looked out of place back in the 1980's hobbling down the street in FS. I don't know why, but I thought of the Amish in more-modern-looking (but nevertheless cheap-looking) clothes, with the ill-fitting polyester suit.

Adam

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit