Just stumped 2 Elders! Lol

by El_Guapo 45 Replies latest jw friends

• El_Guapo
    El_Guapo

I am currently on a business trip for a trade show in another city. As I'm walking to the convention center, I run into 2 JW's preaching. One is about mid 60s the other probably mid 30's. The younger one asks me "Have you ever wondered what happens to us when we die?" lol (take about a stale intro, been using that since at least the 80's, when I was a kid) Anyway, I asked are you guys JW's? if so, I don't like cults!

The older said we are not a cult, rather a religious organization that helps millions of people learn bible truths. I asked are either of you a pastor or hold any position within you cult? Lol The younger one said, we are elders. I said, GREAT! so you say you're not a cult, right? I have a co-worker who grew up in the church, her whole family is in the church (like 3 generations worth of family) she told me that she decided that the JW's were no longer for her a she wanted to try something else. I said that's acceptable like if you belong to a family of farmers and you want to try out city life, right ? She told me, there is no acceptable way to leave the JW's. Is that true, sir?

The older says, no one is forced to be JW. She said this is only "wrong thing" she has done. Is there an acceptable way to leave the church, where their family won't shun them? If so, please tell me and we can call her, to help her out. Ummmm, well said the older one. I said her Mom hasn't talked to her in 4 years, all because she no longer wanted to be a JW. That sounds like a cult to me? The younger one said, well it's been good talking to you, but we have to go. Have a good day. Lol

• 5go
    5go

Actually that is not as hard as you would think.

• El_Guapo
    El_Guapo

I know, I've just never attempted it. I usually walk right past and ignore them

• designs
    designs

Where do you go when you're in street work lol

• El_Guapo
    El_Guapo

I usually just tell them, I'm already a Jesus fan and I keep walking. Lol

• Comatose
    Comatose

Lol el guapo. Ummm , well..... We have to go.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Where do you go when you're in street work

Dunkin' Donuts ;)

Nice story, but you still have 12 minutes to give that sucker some paragraphs, El_Guapo :) Well, I enjoyed it anyway.

• fresh prince of ohio
    fresh prince of ohio

Good job, maybe you got them to think a little bit. There is no honorable way out of JWs.

I'd have thrown in, "she made her decision to be a JW at age 12. Should a person be held hostage their entire life to a decision they made in early adoescence?"

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

Way to go.

• El_Guapo
    El_Guapo

That sucker now has paragraphs. Thanks! :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit