Jan 2014 WT study - more vomit

by EndofMysteries 41 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

@ AnnoMaly....."Eighthly, Ninthly, Tenthly, Eleventhly"....Awesome quotes from an ancient text.

• anonymouz
    anonymouz

It appears they are reinforcing the 1914 connection to 2014 for psychollogical purposes to be used soon.

They want to make the final coup and Bethel desolation of 2014 look like it is prophecy is what I think they are up to, with little mental reminders. That way the "big event" that may very well include NY's former Bethel location, be the context of an engineered Bethel deconstruction (organizationally).

And they can sell it off to JWs as "prophecy fulfilling", in a convenient centennial cycle of 1914-2014, in the way they want to steer the downfall over a few years as the "big event" turns to also national financial intrgues at global scale. ANd during the actual engineered attacks from Bethel internal aid, they can cover up the whole Bethel destruction as "prophecy brothers!" it's Christ coming!!!!

But Armageddon will not arrive. Only Bethel's desolations globally.

Brilliant! JWs will believe it for a while. Then a year will turn to 2, and 3... and Bethel will be bankrupted, and the inner coup will have fled the building with WT millions, leaving JWs to pick up the pieces, and try to figure out wat is really going on.

Just my opnion.

• smiddy
    smiddy

AnnoMaly , it wasnt a fib it was a downright lie.

smiddy

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

I cannot get over the fact that the Bible Students predicted the start of God's Kingdom in 1914 and the fact that one of the two worst wars in human history began instead doesn't bother them! They say this proves their prophecy came true! Is is just me?

• integ
    integ

Ha. I can't believe these fools can sit at the meetings and just blindly accept all this utter garbage.

I love that I am "encouraged" to express any "concerns" I have about doctrine etc. but I know... and they know, that if I don't fully accept the "explanations" 100% without reservation then I will be df'd.

It really encourages us to pose any concerns we may have.

Such a bunch of b.s. it's ridiculous. Beyond ridiculous to the point that it is clearly discernible that this is a totally screwed up organization made up of lies and deceit masquerading as "truth"?

Simply calling it the "Truth" is one of the biggest jokes I have ever heard.

"Truth" doesn't change.

No humility...just blatant hypocrisy and outright deceit.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Hear hear, totally agree Integ. Good post. It's really gone beyond the pale now.

• Patrick45
    Patrick45

Check out page 5 picture number 2. What's that pic on the bible held by the JW? Strange. Imo a subliminal image of the lesser grave sort.

As to the more offensive subliminal images like the one on the 2011 memorial invitation, these indicate to me that the WT had its Matth 4:8,9 moment and it looks like they failed the test and bowed down to satan and therefore were granted richness and power over a nation in this world.

1.Tim4:1 "Now, the Spirit speaketh expressly that, in the latter times, some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of demons,"

The org " is become the habitation of demons and the hold of every foul spirit...for all the nations have drunk of the wine" and are labeled part of Babylon the Great.

Members are abused and many burdens are put on their shoulders and they are hindered on their way into the kingdom of God. Matth. 23.13 seems applicable: "But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in."

Unfortunately many many people are caught in this cult and are led astray by adopting work-based faith coupled with woreshipping self appointed men.

In a certain way 2.Kor 4 describes their situation. In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them. 2.Kor 4:4

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

I wouldn't be too quick to criticize. Afterall 1914 is the only date that is known to be the one pointed to in the Bible as to what fulfills the prophesies. And that is a date that preceeded Russell. Because everything has not been done yet, is not any human's fault.

And to integ:

"Simply calling it the "Truth" is one of the biggest jokes I have ever heard.

"Truth" doesn't change. No humility...just blatant hypocrisy and outright deceit."

I agree that they have no humility. The articles are just self-praising history of the organization. But it is called the "truth" because that is the objective. It is unlike other religions where they put emotion above fact and what is in the Bible.

Don't confuse issues. The religion of JWs is the truth. The problem is that everything is all about the organization and honoring and praising the GB, to where the truth is not attractive.

And when writing about "this generation" it says: "Jesus was referring to two groups of anointed Christians."

They know that definitely?

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

smiddy, yes I was understating it ... and the falsehood isn't inconsequential.

Having said that, there was a little backpeddling, a few uncertainties introduced the closer 1914 approached.

Nevertheless, those definite expectations/predictions, which had been hammered into BSs' heads over the previous 20+ years, were not shifted until 1914 came and went, Russell's death, the end of the war, and the whole caboodle had to be revamped.

The 1975 Yearbook is worth a look. P. 72-76. (It annoys me that, as usual, they say only 'some' had these expectations, rather than the truth that it was official WTS doctrine held by the whole BS movement.)

• mindnumbed
    mindnumbed

Say something with conviction and others will assume you know what you are talking about.

"The second group included in “this generation” are anointed contemporaries of the first group. They were not simply alive during the lifetime of those in the first group, but they were anointed with holy spirit during the time that those of the first group were still on earth. Thus, not every anointed person today is included in “this generation” of whom Jesus spoke. Today, those in this second group are themselves advancing in years."

If only this "Governing Body" allowed themselved to be questioned by outsiders.

Where do they get their information? How do they know this is "truth"?

They are so damn insulated. They have no accountability.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit