How would elders react if I tell them that I would accept blood?

by Daniel1555 16 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Daniel1555
    Daniel1555

Just recently I explained to my parents and my wife in detail, why I would accept blood or red, white blood cells, platelets or plasma in a medical emergency. I showed them the inconsistencies and flaws about blood fractions and also the biblical reasons that show clearly that Jehovah and Jesus do not want a Jehovah's witness to die because of that wrong doctrine.

My parents reacted surprised. They are both about 50 years in the "truth." They are loyal witnesses but they were never extreme. That's why I had a very good childhood. They think for example that shunning someone like the org says is wrong and they would never do it with a family member. They thought deeply about the things I showed them. After a week they surprisingly said that they never thought of the things I told them before and that I am right with my reasoning.

My wife however didn't agree with my reasons. She told me I should talk to the elders about my decision. I think if I did that, they would view me afterwards as "disassociated by action."

What do you think? How would the elders react if I tell them my reasons (also biblical reasons) why I would accept blood? Would they tell me finally that they have to consider me disassociated by action even if I never "took blood" but just would take blood if all other options are used?

Does anyone have the information if the "Shepherding" book about this situation?

Thank you very much for your help.

• sir82
    sir82

They'd probably get you for "causing divisions" or maybe even outright "apostasy".

You can have any opinion you like. But if you "promote" an idea that is contrary to WT teaching, that will get you DF'ed pretty quick (if you don't recant).

• adamah
    adamah

The WTBTS has intentionally distorted their Bible translation to support their "no blood" policy.

I wrote an article about it on my blog:

http://awgue.weebly.com/does-jehovahs-witnesses-blood-policy-reflect-they-understand-noahs-flood.html

Not that it'll do you any good, since what sir82 said goes: unless you're sitting in the GB conference room in Brooklyn, you're not getting free room and board to offer your opinion about JW doctrinal positions, you're only supposed to follow THEIR policies.

Your only option is to voice your opinion with your feet (which is difficult and costly for most, since the JWs shunning policy serves to exact a severe toll on those who leave for ANY reason whatsoever, valid or invalid).

Adam

• Daniel1555
    Daniel1555

You can have any opinion you like. But if you "promote" an idea that is contrary to WT teaching, that will get you DF'ed pretty quick (if you don't recant).

Would elders accept that I have this opinion if I don't promote it? Or is just having that opinion already breaking the blood doctrine and areason for "disassociation by action"?

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

It's funny you should ask this. Personally, I've been wondering, "How would bees react if I hit their hive with my fist?"

Declaring your decision to the elders is just asking for trouble for absolutely no good reason. It's like going up to someone in the congregation and saying, "I think that if I were in a situation like the JWs in Nazi Germany, I would sign the paper renouncing my beliefs in order to go free." What are they supposed to do with this information? Why are you even telling them? Just live your life quietly according to your own conscience and be prepared to defend your beliefs if you have to.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Keep your valid belief to yourself. If you or yours ever need a blood transfusion, take it and 'repent' afterward. You'll be just fine that way even though you had a moment of 'temporary' weakness.

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

Let sleeping dogs lie...

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

Daniel they can DF you for literally ANYTHING they don't like. I have seen it happen my friend. There doesn't need to be anything in the KS10 Shepherd book.

If you even think something divergent from the WT you are already an apostate according to their definition.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Do you have children?

Would you give them blood?

This would dictate my actions, especially on realising the WT were wrong.

• Daniel1555
    Daniel1555

Thanks for your comments.

Snare and racket: I have a baby boy. I would never ever risk his life for a wrong doctrin. Thats why I wanted this to be clear, how we react in our family.

I know that your advice is to not say anything. If I did there will be trouble.

My wife however WANTS me to do that. She believes the elders will help me spiritually to change my opinion. I told her that I won't change my feelings about it. Actually I am ready for anything. If they df or da me, that shows that it is a morally wrong religion. I don't realky wanna be part of a religion that urges its members to give up life unnecessarily and shuns people because they don't agree.

The question is. What would they do according to their book?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit