How would elders react if I tell them that I would accept blood?

by Daniel1555 16 Replies latest watchtower medical

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

I agree with those that say yu would get disfellowshipped.

• adamah
    adamah

Daniel 1555 said-

My parents reacted surprised. They are both about 50 years in the "truth." They are loyal witnesses but they were never extreme. That's why I had a very good childhood. They think for example that shunning someone like the org says is wrong and they would never do it with a family member. They thought deeply about the things I showed them. After a week they surprisingly said that they never thought of the things I told them before and that I am right with my reasoning.

Per the JWs, your parents aren't "loyal" by any stretch of the imagination. If they've told you that they wouldn't shun a family member, they're not "loyal", but lukewarm, even "bum witnesses".

Not that I disapprove: they actually sound too sensible to be IN the JWs, LOL! So the good news is, that it were to get DFed, at least they'll not shun you (although they'd be taking a MAJOR risk with their JW status if someone found out if they failed to shun you).

Daniel 1555 said-

My wife however WANTS me to do that. She believes the elders will help me spiritually to change my opinion. I told her that I won't change my feelings about it. Actually I am ready for anything. If they df or da me, that shows that it is a morally wrong religion. I don't realky wanna be part of a religion that urges its members to give up life unnecessarily and shuns people because they don't agree.

She's right: and if you don't change your opinion, you likely WILL be DFed. You're not entitled to an opinion, unless it's the GB's opinion.

Not knowing for sure how they'd play it, even expressing intent to sin (accepting a blood transfusion for your son) falls under the whole Jesus thing, "whomever looks at a women with desire in his heart has already committed adultery" AKA "thought crimes", especially if you didn't repent thinking the thought. They'd likely DF you on the basis of being unrepentent of a thought crime.

The obvious answer if you want to stay in is to discuss it with them, but then "see the light" and repent: then do what you have to do, if the issue comes up (still risky, though, since what if you're not around?).

Adam

• Honesty
    Honesty

Elders don't care about truth or what's right.

All they care about is maintaining their position over the sheep.

Keep that in mind every time you think about telling them anything controversial.

• Scully
    Scully

Word on the street is that they don't DF you for what you do. They DF you for being unrepentant about what you do.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Talking to the elders is a waste of time, they will try to convince you your wrong and then maybe one will tell u its a conscience matter. But you'll be on be be on their radar and they will get all pissed off because you screwed up their non brain think. Tell your wife the elders say its a conscience matter. If she can't get that point, then ask her how its ok to take fractions and components and Hemopure (cows blood) and thats consintent with the bible? Show her Matt12:7 acctually the whole chapter is good.

• Comatose
    Comatose

Apognophos! lol

Daniel be careful buddy. It wouldn't matter if you could show a scripture that said to take blood, the GB say different and you will be dealt with. Just tell wife okay. Then ask an elder a question about the fractions, theN tell wife it doesn't make sense. Then drop it.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Elders are not your friends. There are no good reasons to tell them anything cult related.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit