1st Time in 3 Years JW's call at our Door - Two 30 yr. long Time JW's

by flipper 40 Replies latest jw friends

• trebor
    trebor

Flipper, you handled that extremely well. Hopefully, you gave them food for thought. Even if they are beyond thinking outside of the Watchtower, if they happen to even whisper anything that you shared to another, you never know the positive impact it may have to help someone out of the Society.

• flipper
    flipper

Hey thanks everybody for your good responses and inteesting takes on this situation. Had to work all night last night so pardon my delay responding again. I'll answer pg. 1 then try to finish pg. 2 later.

ILOVETTATT- Hey thanks, appreciate it.

ADAMAH- Good point. I was trying to avoid the " fight or flight " thingie on purpose so these ladies wouldn't freak out and get scared of what I was telling them and run away. LOL ! I kept coming back to " I'm telling you this because I care and am concerned and have empathy for you not knowing some of these things. " It seemed to work well enough that at least they took the news printouts.

QUANDRY- True. JW's are ALWAYS trying to change the subject when we begin to make a point- these two lady's were no different - however when they would start reading me a scripture that changed the subject I just politely in a discreet way said " could we please get back on the topic we were talking about " ? Then they would stop. Good point you make that JW's make excuses for Witnesses and the media lying about them or the WT society- but tells the truth about Mormons and other religions. They are really in denial.

DESIGNS- Good point. It may take years for the light to turn on for these ladys, but they won't soon forget our conversation, especially leaving them the news reports. It is sad how older JW's like this don't have many options with REAL true friends. Just conditional cult friends.

FINKELSTEIN- JW's definitely are blinded by their lack of information- and I blame the WT leaders for INSISTING JW's ignore any information outside the WT organization. It makes Jehovah's Witnesses co-dependent of sorts having to ONLY rely on the GB or WT leaders to supply information to live by. Very limiting and quite unhealthy mentally and otherwise. But you are correct REAL truth is important and having access to it.

SURAJ KHAN- Believe me, even though I talked for an hour with them, my gag reflex would kick in WANTING to throw up especially when the 57. yr old self righteous " sister " started making excuses for the child abuse situation like " well there is lots of imperfection in the organization ". I stifled THAT comment pretty quickly by stating that felony child abuse is NOT due to just " imperfection " but due to evil and hateful tendencies which 99 % of pedophiles never get over, they keep re-committing the crimes. That took the " sister " off her high horse a bit.

SAMMY JENKIS- Thanks, I appreciate it.

CRMSICL- Hey my friend. Yeah, I was pretty surprised actually that they TOOK the news printouts. Especially both having 30 years of JW time logged in. Perhaps they were really curious. I hope they do read them and don't throw them away.

EXWHYZEE- LOL ! Yeah, I can see where you might think it may have got back to the JW ladys I talked to at the gas station- however- that gas station experience happened two counties away about 70 miles south of where we live, so no connection. I like the question you pose to people about the Candace Conti case. Very good way of handling that- like if rank & file JW's are so important- why don't their leaders share about the child abuse cases ? Probably due to not wanting to lose pissed off members once the child abuse gets discovered no doubt. Take care friend.

AUNT FANCY- Yeah, I've been out of the Witnesses about 10 years now- so I've virtually lost all and any fear I have of these people or repercussions in a negative way. Hell, my daughters don't even talk to me- how much more negative can it get, right ? LOL ! But I understand your situation being newly out just over a year you have to be careful about what you say and to whom. Plus you live in an area where everybody knows you- see- I do not so nobody knows me from Adam up her- I'm not worried about elders comin to get me. I'll just sick my pet Bigfoot on em'.

LATINTHUNDER- Good points you make about the press having a responsibility to report the news good or bad. Yeah, enough child abuse is going around in all religions that they don't have to make this stuff up- it's happening eveywhere constantly. Pretty sick.

APOGNOPHOS- Yeah, I agree, who knows whether they'll read the articles. But you never know. Even if they read just a little it registers in their minds.

LIFE IS TOO SHORT- Hey thanks. Good point you make about their minds or " bell being rung " and it cannot be " unrung ". I agree with that most definitely. Next time they are out in field service they will have to re-double their efforts inside their own heads to stop any critical thinking ability trying to edge out the cult thinking ability. And isn't that one thing we are trying to do anyway ? To get these people to think for THEMSELVES and to not just accept everything the WT Society says at face value ? I made that particular point to them several times as we were talking that morning. I hope these ladys start waking up indeed and smell the coffee.

Co CO- Yes indeed, I have probably anti-Witnessed to lots of folks you know. Someday we'll have to compare notes ! LOL !

STEVE 2- I think you are right- it would probably destroy these two women's world if the bottom dropped out regarding the WT Society to them. You just never know. I think the older 71 yr.old woman had much more SINCERE concern for me as a person, where the 57 yr.old was just a total JW cult clone speaking WT rhetoric without engaging her brain at all. It's like her brain was jammed- stuck in neutral as she said very insensitive comments regarding child abuse which I kNOW she didn't even hear herself say. That's how blacked out their brain is when under heavy mind control influence.

• flipper
    flipper

Sorry I accidentally posted too soon on pg. 1 without finishing the final 3 posts. Must have hit a wrong button.

SAYSWHO- I do hope these ladies memory will keep wat we talked about in their domes.

SHIRLEY W- Good point. Yeah, don't think I'll bring my daughters situation up- then that might put me back on the radar here as an ex-Witness instead of a non-witness relative which is what I try to appear as. You know me- I'm part Native american so I'm a " shape shifter " . LOL ! Like to keep em' guessing.

PHIZZY- Well thanks. I appreciate your kind remarks. I mean, you know I truly DO care about these ladies in that they are being duped and manipulated by a controlling organization. I told them as much when I said " I have empathy for you folks because you are not allowed to get outside information away from the WT Society publications " . They claimed otherwise, but we know the real deal Be back with pg. 2 responses in awhile. Peace.

• Glander
    Glander

You did a great job, flippy. I always get caught off guard and end up telling them that I used to be an elder, etc. as they back away from the door.

Too bad you didn't have a can of Danny Haszard pepper spray handy.

(I'm kidding!)

• flipper
    flipper

OUBLIETTE- Thanks, yeah I don't think these two ladys will call back either. They have to think too much when we have a discussion.

GYPSY SAM- Thanks, appreciate it. Yeah we try to keep the news releases somewhere close to the front door to give to JW's if they come. Works pretty well.

CLARITY- Hey thanks my friend ! Appreciate it. Yeah I'm sure it was my dizzying personality that mesmerized these two JW gals ! LOL ! ( joking ) It really felt kind of creepy when the 71 yr.old gal said that she couldn't work with another JW brother in service alone as it wouldn't be proper without another person in the car. I asked her, " don't your elders trust you guys enough that you aren't going to tear each others clothes off and have sex in the car or something ? " They just laughed. Really weird discussion.

INSEARCHOFTRUTH 4- Hey thanks bro. I really appreciate it . Good point. Maybe I should have broke out my guitar right there on the porch and sang my songs " Mind Control " or " Sweet is the Freedom " - probably would have freaked them out. LOL !

OHNIGHTDIVINE- Sounds like you talked with a gullible JW. How does she think people go to jail- mainly on heresay ? Usually where there's smoke- theres fire. True some people get put away unjustly for murder and such, but usually if someone has molested a child , children tell the truth about it and aren't lying. You might bring that up to the JW.

AUNTCONNIE- I would love to be a fly on the wall in your congregation working in a covert operation with you to get the goods on JW's . You are so satirical and witty and smart , and I've always had a secret desire to be a police detective - who knows might make a big cult bust of some sort !

MR. QUICK- Yes, I agree. It's best not to divulge who we are so we have a better opportunity to assist JW's to think. If they know we were Witnesses the wall goes up- if we pretend we are non-Witnesses they'll listen more as they see us as potential converts so we have the advantage to toy with them somewhat- carefully.

ABIBLESTUDENT- Good points. Thanks ! I should have given them the websites of ex-JW sites so they might open their minds more- however then they may have become suspicious of me thinking I'm an ex-JW myself ( which I am ) but didn't want THEM to know that. So kind of a judgment call I guess depending on the situation. I certainly don't want any more elders snooping in on me trying to save, er, damage my soul ! LOL !

BU2B- I hope the seed germinates within these gals and they start thinking again.

DONNY- Thanks Donny, I appreciate it.

TREBOR- Good points. That's what I was thinking- even if it doesn't help THESE ladies, if they whisper it around and spread rumors( as we all know JW's like to talk and spread rumors ) then others in their congregation will start whispering of our discussion as well ! Kind of how these things get rolling, you know ?

GLANDER- Yeah, the last 7 years or so since I moved away from the area I used to attend meetings at- I always pose as an " unbelieving " relative so I can reach these JW folks better. It really helps living in an area nobody ever knew me at. Thanks, appreciate it

• flipper
    flipper

Getting ready to go out on Halloween tonight wanted to bump this up for any lurking JW's or exiting JW's to see how some JW's can possibly be appealed to. Take care. Happy Halloween! Peace out, mr. Flipper

• iCeltic
    iCeltic

Yes great job Flipper, I made a right arse of talking to one this morning, it's been so long since I've heard the jw talk. No excuses though, I hope he doesn't come back because I feel like crap after talking to him.

• flipper
    flipper

ICELTIC- I hear what you're saying. I get a nasty little feeling a bit inside after talking to J-dubs myself. Kinda dirty a bit. But I feel empowered after talking to them about the TTATT . It helps me solidify my views by seeing how screwed up THEY are

• chellechellereturns
    chellechellereturns

Ugh I'm very glad that in the six years since I've left (wow I can't believe it's been that long!) that a witness has never showed up at my door. Unfortunately tho I did move back down near my family and have to deal with the shunning all the time. And I now have a almost eight month old son that my family wants to see but will not allow me to be around at the same time. And my mother goes around telling my non witness family " well it was her decision to leave she is the one making bad choices" mean while I've gone through he'll in the last year and made it out to be a great single mom.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Welcome, fellow single mom. It's a tough road but so rewarding. I suggest you keep a journal of all the cutness of your little son. He will appreciate it later. I say go around to non-JW family that it is your mom's poor choices that got her cut-off from visiting her grandchild.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit