Mark Sanderson - Why Is the Newest GB Member Suddenly So Prominent?

by Oubliette 62 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Probably given more responsibilities being they he's the newest member and most likely being that he is new he wants

to show his spiritual strength and vigor as GB member.

A lot of brainwash mutterings though.

Jehovah this Jehovah that.

The WTS. has hundreds of millions stash away in investment accounts so they could build those facilities by using out side sources.

The Wts. exploits people in more ways than one thats for sure.

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Why is Mark Sanderson so prominent?

Because he is from the same bloodline as Jack Barr who was a Scottish Freemason.

Mark Sanderson was appointed, not by "holy spirit" but by the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite of Freemasonry (Southern Jurisdiction USA - Orient of California)

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

I am with some of the comments that Sanderson is not particularly prominent, any more than the others. But I do think that we are looking at a conscious change. In years past most Witnesses would have had difficulty naming the GB members, let alone identify them by sight. They were seldom pictured in the literature at all, and you might only see their names a time or two a year, maybe in the Gilead graduation article. But now it is almost like they are deliberately creating a PR image for them. Hero worship of prominent people is common in the world-- just watch the news-- but the WT has studiously avoided it until now.

• Gayle
    Gayle

The WTS is like a 'dragon,' needing new young blood. Without new or younger to pick up the slack, it will weaken and have a slow death.

Cults are often recruiters demanding a lot of work, needing new ones with more energy, than their tired out members. Starts from the GB, and down.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

That video is gay.

Sanderson is being showcased for one simple reason. The rest of the GB are old. They are going to die. They had their time in the sun, now it's time for them to be slowly mentioned less and less. Their memories will die with along with the generation (ahem) of R&F who adored them. As Sanderson and the susequent newer GB 3.0 members carry the torch, the old gaurd will be phased out of the collective JW mind, just like CTR,Rutherford, Knorr, and all the others that most dubs cannot even remember now.

Any unscriptural teachings, just like the memories of the currect GB, will pass away into the void to mingle with Rutherford's mad, alchohol induced ramblings. The real change will be that modern dubbies will be buried clutching a RNWT or I-pad to their breast.

R.I.P

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Sanderson doesn't seem prominent to me. He was in the video because the video was part of his talk that simply needed to be pre-recorded so it could be set in the Society's library (and any other locations that I've forgotten since seeing the video). He gave the first talk because (as someone here suggested), the Bible display was probably his idea. Giving the first talk is in no way a prominent position. By that logic, the band or comedian that opens for another act is secretly the most important performer that night.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Because he is from the same bloodline as Jack Barr who was a Scottish Freemason.

Where is the evidence of that ?

..... and where is the evidence of Sanderson related to Barr ?

A GB member practicing as a Freemason, are you nuts ?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Caleb is obsessed with his Fremasonry and Illuminati conspiracy Theories, but far from nuts, and I think rather fun.

Maybe the GB are doing what a lot of BOE's do, work the new boy hard, and give him the sh***y gigs.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

I'm thinking some of you don't understand the meaning of the word PROMINENT:

prom·i·nent

adjective \ ˈ prä-mə-nənt, ˈ präm-nənt\

: important and well-known

: easily noticed or seen

: sticking out in a way that is easily seen or noticed

PROMINENT

1 : standing out or projecting beyond a surface or line : protuberant

2: a : readily noticeable : conspicuous

b : widely and popularly known : leading — prom·i·nent·ly adverb

- - - - - - -

from Merriam-Webster online

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

I think I get what you're saying now. I was objecting to what I thought you were implying, which is that he was "dominant", not just "prominent" (noticeable). I guess what you're really suggesting is that you expect him to occupy a sort of "newboy" lower rung in the GB for a while, where we hardly even know he's there.

In that case, I agree with dropoffyourkeylee's suggestion that this is part of an overall shift in making the GB more visible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit